Answered

Latency Issues: Would Boost Help?

• 15 October 2017
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi there. I've been using Sonos pretty flawlessly for years. All of a sudden I'm having connection issues. The Fios router/ONT, etc. are on the new side, etc. Anyway, when I do ping tests to the router or to the various Airport Extremes in my house, most of the time they're fine but they will occasionally register a ping of 130 or 140 or 300, etc. Obviously I'd prefer not to have to try and deal with Fios on this (but will if I have to), but as a workaround would a Boost help? Very frustrating situation (and yes, I've been dealing with Sonos support and they've been great). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
icon

Best answer by Keith N 9 November 2017, 02:41

Hi there, pjvent777. Moving from a Standard wireless setup to a BOOST setup could help clear up Sonos as it will work on its own internal network outside of your router's network.

However, the thing to remember is that Sonos still needs to get out to the internet. So if you are unable to access a website, switching to a BOOST setup may not actually help the situation as the bottleneck is coming from "behind the BOOST" or the router's connection out to the Internet. Hopefully, you find this article helpful.

If you would like me to clarify anything, please feel free to reach back out and I will be happy to answer any questions.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, pjvent777. Moving from a Standard wireless setup to a BOOST setup could help clear up Sonos as it will work on its own internal network outside of your router's network.

However, the thing to remember is that Sonos still needs to get out to the internet. So if you are unable to access a website, switching to a BOOST setup may not actually help the situation as the bottleneck is coming from "behind the BOOST" or the router's connection out to the Internet. Hopefully, you find this article helpful.

If you would like me to clarify anything, please feel free to reach back out and I will be happy to answer any questions.