Last.FM scrobbling not working when Spotify played through Sonos

• 21 October 2019
  • 7 replies

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

I cannot get Sonos to scrobble tracks when playing Spotify through my speakers.  Spotify itself scrobbles fine via Android or when playing through Google Home speaker. I have Last.fm connected / activated as a service in Sonos and have removed / reinstalled and then reauthorised, but still no success. 

Please can someone advise. Thanks.

7 replies

Badge

I have the same issue.
Hoping for a fix! Data and stats are life!

Badge +1

Same issue. Hoping that someone from Sonos sees this. I need my last.fm data as well. Do you have the premium or free account?

Scrobbling while playing Spotify tracks through Sonos abruptly stopped working for me last week as well.  I’ve tried removing and reauthorizing on both ends, LastFM and Sonos, and nothing works.  Is anyone from Sonos even reading these posts?  This is very annoying.

Same problem. Any idea how to fix it?

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello all,

If Scrobbling has stopped working on your Sonos system make sure that your both your Last FM account and all of your apps are up to date, reboot your router and all of your Sonos products.

The function of Sonos features and linked accounts relies heavily on the quality and speed of communications between your individual players and the network itself, its possible that a full network refresh could change this behavior.    

Surely the last.fm app within Sonos isn’t required anymore given Spotify have added direct scrobbling support a year ago.

So this issue still persists. I’m also having trouble with it and all the advice so far has proven pointless.

Hello all,

If Scrobbling has stopped working on your Sonos system make sure that your both your Last FM account and all of your apps are up to date, reboot your router and all of your Sonos products.

The function of Sonos features and linked accounts relies heavily on the quality and speed of communications between your individual players and the network itself, its possible that a full network refresh could change this behavior.    

I’ve tried all this a number of times to no avail.

Any more advice?