Question

Large Sonos setup with 3 Boosts failing

• 13 February 2017
  • 1 reply

I got, a Sonos setup of 7 Play:1, 1 Play:5 1gen, one Sonos Sub and 3 Boosts one per each room. Everything works fine for a a while, but suddenly the system makes every ZP in the room coordinator even if their sitting close to the Boost. As long as the hardwired Boosts are the coordinator it seems to work fine but. When other ZP's are automatically upgraded to Coordinators the music drops randomly in every room its like they start hopping between coordinators. Is there a way to fix this behavior.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I got, a Sonos setup of 7 Play:1, 1 Play:5 1gen, one Sonos Sub and 3 Boosts one per each room. Everything works fine for a a while, but suddenly the system makes every ZP in the room coordinator even if their sitting close to the Boost. As long as the hardwired Boosts are the coordinator it seems to work fine but. When other ZP's are automatically upgraded to Coordinators the music drops randomly in every room its like they start hopping between coordinators. Is there a way to fix this behavior.

Hi Jasper,

I'd like to see a diagnostic report from your system after this happens. Please reproduce the issue then send in a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number.