Answered

Keeps cutting out

Userlevel 1
How can I stop this. Bought $6,000 worth of gear and not working properly.
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 11 April 2019, 18:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

178 replies

Duplicate post.

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/sonos-going-in-and-out-6821408
My audio keeps cutting out during every song as well. Diagnostic 739726097
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
My audio keeps cutting out during every song as well. Diagnostic 739726097

Thanks for sending in the report. There's a connection error showing up in your report which may explain the cut outs. Please try rebooting each of your Sonos units, including your Bridge. Once everything's back online, test it again. If you're still getting cut outs, it would be best to work the issue live with our phone team. You can find our phone number here.
All speakers cutting out diagnostic # 903347808
All speakers also cutting out and skipping music constantly. Diagnostic #1308495905
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
All speakers cutting out diagnostic # 903347808

Hi there,

I don't see any playback errors in your diagnostic report. Please run through the steps in this guide, which covers the most common causes. If that doesn't help, please reach out to our phone team.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
All speakers also cutting out and skipping music constantly. Diagnostic #1308495905

It looks like your speakers are losing connection to your wireless network from time to time. This is likely due to interference from your guest network, which is running on the same wireless channel as your main network. Try changing the guest network's wireless channel to 1 or 11 and see if that helps.
Having the same issue, hoping to get some help. Reference ID:
We are having the same issue. Refer to diagnostic number 382995637, kindly advise.
Players are cutting out. It is not functioning properly for almost one month. Refer to our diagnostic number 382995637,
I had the same problem and it was severe on speakers connected to a Beam. I connected the Beam to my TVs HDMI ARC port and setup 2 Play 1s. The Play 1s were intermittent when watching TV and perfect when listening to music via the Sonos app. I ditched the HDMI ARC and went optical audio and it fixed the cutting out issue. I hope this helps.
Userlevel 2
Similar issue, radio cutting out.

Would be good if we could get access to the info as well?
967238623 - Sound goes in and out
Badge
Having cutout issues, installed a boost and have tried changing SonosNET channels. Still cutting out.

Diagnostic # 1987328871
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Having the same issue, hoping to get some help. Reference ID:

Thanks for the report. There's quite a bit of wireless latency in the communication between your Sonos units. This is most often caused by wireless interference. Please make sure your Bridge is not too close to your router, or any other wireless electronics. It may also help to change the wireless channel your Sonos system is using.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
We are having the same issue. Refer to diagnostic number 382995637, kindly advise.

In your report I see that your Boost is having a hard time communicating wirelessly with your speakers. Please try changing the wireless channel your Sonos system is using. Also, make sure your Boost is not too close to any wireless electronics that could cause interference.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Similar issue, radio cutting out.

Would be good if we could get access to the info as well?

Hi there,

The streaming audio isn't getting to your speakers fast enough. Due to the nature of this issue, I think it would be best to work with our phone team. Please give us a call, our number is found here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
967238623 - Sound goes in and out

Hi Emilypoie,

There are many wireless communication errors between your speakers. This is probably due to interference. Try changing the wireless channel your Sonos speakers are using. This can help reduce interference from nearby networks. Also, take a look around and in between your Sonos components for any third party electronics. Try moving anything your find near your speakers away, and see if that helps.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Having cutout issues, installed a boost and have tried changing SonosNET channels. Still cutting out.

Diagnostic # 1987328871

Thanks for the report. Your Sonos system is split into 2 setups, one on the Sonos mesh, the other connected to your Open Mesh system, which is running on 2 different wireless channels. All of these factors make it hard for your Sonos speakers to stay in sync.

The speakers in the "Up" areas are connecting to your Open mesh system. I would recommend going into the Sonos app's settings menu, choosing advanced settings then wireless setup to find the option to reset your wireless credentials. This will clear the wireless login information and make the Sonos speakers connect through the Sonos mesh instead. Also, there's an elevated level of wireless noise showing up. It looks like there are a lot of networks nearby. Try keeping your Sonos system on channel 6, and your mesh system on channels 1 or 11.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi folks,

If you're getting audio interruptions, please follow the steps found in this guide, which covers the most common causes. If that doesn't help, please reach out to our phone team who can troubleshoot the issue live.

Moderator note: Audio interruptions are often caused by WiFi interference. If you are still having issues, please start a new topic with the following information:

• What devices do you have?
  • Has anything changed on the network?
  • Which service(s) are you trying to listen to?
  • Is the behaviour always the same?
  • Can you recreate it with ease, or is it random?

Alternatively, you may wish to contact us via another support channel.
So much cutting out on all speakers suddenly. System unusable! Diagnostic 212476280
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
So much cutting out on all speakers suddenly. System unusable! Diagnostic 212476280

The streaming data isn't getting to the speakers fast enough. This is likely due to wireless interference from nearby networks running on the same channel as your own. Try changing your wireless network over to channel 11, which is less crowded.

The streaming data isn't getting to the speakers fast enough. This is likely due to wireless interference from nearby networks running on the same channel as your own. Try changing your wireless network over to channel 11, which is less crowded.

The issue seems specific to the Sonos speakers. I just did a Google Wifi network test and the Sonos speakers are the only ones having issues. Why?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

The issue seems specific to the Sonos speakers. I just did a Google Wifi network test and the Sonos speakers are the only ones having issues. Why?

It's hard to say without more in depth troubleshooting. I'd recommend giving us a call. Our phone team can take a deeper look at your network live. You can find our phone number and hours here.

It's hard to say without more in depth troubleshooting. I'd recommend giving us a call. Our phone team can take a deeper look at your network live. You can find our phone number and hours here.

Thanks Jeff. I have a Google Wifi router which automatically scans for the least crowded channel every 5 minutes. I don't see a way to override that.

I called the phone team and the wait time is over 30 minutes! Given the increased number of people complaining about this in the forum [and presumably by phone] is there not some fix Sonos can deploy? Just brainstorming while I spend the afternoon on hold... 😞