Question

iTunes stops playing in the middle of a song

• 6 October 2015
  • 11 replies

Badge
iTunes stops playing in the middle of a song and then complains that it cannot connect to the iTunes music library. In order to fix this I have to remove the music library, clear all of my playlists, restart songs, reenter my music library settings. Then and only then will it actually allow me to get back and play my music.

Ticket id. 4972167

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Sounds like a network issue. Sonos should be on to check your diagnostic. Are you using just your home wifi or do you have a sonos unit hooked to your router making Sonosnet (which usually resolves these type issues)
Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I'm finding the same. Radio plays fine, but iTunes music often stops and then can't connect to the music library. Sometimes closing Sonos an restarting it fixes things for a bit.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Network issue. What type comouter holds your files.
MacBook. It worked fine until recently when I had a host of other problems and had to restore from backup. Since then, Sonos will sometimes play iTunes music, sometimes not, and sometimes play for awhile and then stop and tell me it can't connect to the music library.
Sorry I now it is not the question but, It means it is posible to play music directly with iTunes without use the sonos app?
Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You have to use the Sonos app to play iTunes music.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Avatar. Sounds to me like your MacBook is
Losing connectivity. I personally would recommend a cheap nas drive to hold your iTunes music direct connected to router. Some new routers even have USB slots to do this with USB stick. I think nas is great for backups and useful even outside Sonos.
Thanks for the responses. I've been using the Sonos app to play both TuneIn Radio and my own music from my iTunes music library stored on the MacBook. The radio never gets dropped, but there are issues with Sonos connecting to the music library, sometimes at the outset, and sometimes stopping part way through an album and telling me it can't play the selection and is unable to connect to the music library. Sometimes closing the app and/or restarting the computer gets it going again, once I had to unplug all the Sonos units. Since radio works reliably but the music library doesn't, it sounds like a library problem?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
It sounds like the MacBook is problem it is dropping off network or going to sleep. That is why my recommendation.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Tune in radio goes direct through router to internet not via Mac so you don't see issues with it.
Thanks, I thought it was a Mac issue too.