Answered

iTunes Playlists suddenly vanishing

• 11 June 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge
Every now and again, my iTunes playlists completely vanish from my SONOS app. Last week this happened yet again and it's very frustrating as you could imagine. Sometimes my entire iTunes music library vanishes, and sometimes it's just the iTunes playlists, or sometimes my SONOS Favorites (created from iTunes songs and playlists) are empty. So I'm curious if anyone else has this issue and if there are any ways to prevent it from happening every couple weeks?

* Verizon Fios + Google WiFi.
* SONOS system and my PC running iTunes is on the same Google WiFi network.
* One day, everything is running great. Alarms that run iTunes or SONOS playlists work great. Then the next day, all my iTunes music is gone.
* I've run Update Music Library, but it takes several hours to scour and add my tracks (this week, I've scanned it a few times and it has not worked yet).
* Why aren't my SONOS playlists being saved to my account, or showing that the tracks are offline, but still keeping a list of them?

Does anyone know how to permanently resolve this from happening? Any work arounds, suggestions, or tips?

Thanks!
G~
icon

Best answer by Keith N 21 June 2018, 23:56

Hello there, George_38. Thanks for posting! Form the sounds of it, it seems that your Sonos system is disconnecting from your local network after some time. By chance, do you happen to have any Sonos devices plugged into the main Google routing unit? When working with local mesh networks like Google WiFi, we want to be sure that we are setting up Sonos in the Boost configuration.

No worries. You do not need a Boost to make this work. Here is an article that explains how to make the switch.

Let us know how you get on! Should you run into any problems, do not hesitate to reach out. We are happy to help.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, George_38. Thanks for posting! Form the sounds of it, it seems that your Sonos system is disconnecting from your local network after some time. By chance, do you happen to have any Sonos devices plugged into the main Google routing unit? When working with local mesh networks like Google WiFi, we want to be sure that we are setting up Sonos in the Boost configuration.

No worries. You do not need a Boost to make this work. Here is an article that explains how to make the switch.

Let us know how you get on! Should you run into any problems, do not hesitate to reach out. We are happy to help.