Question

iTunes Playlists not syncing to Sonos

• 21 August 2020
  • 8 replies

I have recently switched from a Mac to a PC running Windows 10.

I was able to successfully transfer all of my music and playlists from my MAC Itunes to the PC Itunes.

I installed Sonos and synced it to Itunes.

All of my music has synced to Sonos (in Artists, Albums, Genre, etc), but the issue is not a single playlist has synced over.

I live and die by these playlists.  They are an artistic outlet for me and I spend a lot of time creating them.  They are what I listen to 99% of the time. 

Can you help me get them into Sonos please?  I’ve been trying for a week, googling and searching, but nothing has helped.

Gene

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @strangeme, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming from. Regarding this issue, Kindly check this link about missing playlist on Sonos. and I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue with your Playlist. and I’ll also as ask If have you tried to Update the Music Library to check if the playlists will show up?

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi Simon,

Thank you for your reply.  I have submitted diagnostics and the confirmation number is 2030961810

In iTunes, go to File, Library,  Organise Library and consolidate the library.

Then reindex the Sonos Music Library. 

No Guarantees. 

If that doesn't work, you may like to read this 

https://kirkville.com/how-to-rebuild-your-itunes-library/

I think that if you have just copied across the iTunes Music Library xml file it may still contain the original playlist info.

I am not totally sure about this though, so proceed with caution and take backups. 

Hi John B

Thanks for the information.  It actually wasn’t an xml file, but a itl file.  I know that file is in the correct place, but should I change it to .xml instead?

Pass. Sorry I just don't know if you can or should do that.  I don't want to BS you. 

Simon B.  It has been a month now.  Any news for me on how I can get Sonos to sync the playlists?  It is still not doing that.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @strangeme, thanks for the update, I apologize that it is still not working for syncing your playlists from iTunes. In this case, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. They may request for remote access with your device controller ton check on this issue.

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.