Answered

Itunes Playlist with edited songs on Sonos

• 21 October 2013
  • 3 replies

Help! I have created playlists on ITunes to play for our Halloween party. I edited the start and stop of the songs so that there is no space between the music. It plays that way on my computer, but when I update my Sonos to include the playlists, it plays the entire songs with the spaces. How do I have Sonos play the playlists the way I want?
icon

Best answer by Ryan E - Sonos 25 October 2013, 21:57

Hello Steven,

The Start and Stop Time options you see in iTunes are an iTunes-specific function. Unfortunately, these options will not carry over to Sonos since the information is not embedded within the file itself. When Sonos plays the file in question, it will play it from start to finish.

However, you may want to try enabling the Crossfade function on Sonos when playing the playlist. This will not have the exact effect you're looking for, but will provide a fade transitions between tracks which may cut down on the time between the end of one track and the beginning of another. You can enable Crossfade on your various controllers by following the steps in this FAQ.

Let me know if you have any additional questions and I'll be happy to help.

Thanks.

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hello Steven,

The Start and Stop Time options you see in iTunes are an iTunes-specific function. Unfortunately, these options will not carry over to Sonos since the information is not embedded within the file itself. When Sonos plays the file in question, it will play it from start to finish.

However, you may want to try enabling the Crossfade function on Sonos when playing the playlist. This will not have the exact effect you're looking for, but will provide a fade transitions between tracks which may cut down on the time between the end of one track and the beginning of another. You can enable Crossfade on your various controllers by following the steps in this FAQ.

Let me know if you have any additional questions and I'll be happy to help.

Thanks.
Songs should update and provide us the ability to edit the START AND STOP times!!
this is my biggest problem with SONOS - i’m so used to blending in short clips of great old songs in my party playlists on itunes - SONOS please help with this!!