Answered

itunes Library problems

• 10 October 2018
  • 3 replies

Sonos is looking at the wrong computer for the itunes library. I believe the sonos app was originally install on that computer (computer A) but I no longer have itunes on computer A and am going to get rid of it. I have to sonos app on computer B where itunes does reside. When I go into music library setting the path it set to c:\Users\Mike H\Music which is correct for computer B but it fails saying computer A is not responding. Sonos and itumes are no longer on computer A. Is there anyway to correct this, do I have to delete everything and start over?

Thanks
Mike
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 10 October 2018, 23:22

Connecting to an existing system is indeed the thing you should be doing. You may want to contact Sonos to discuss it before wiping everything.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I wonder if it's possible that it's retaining the old IP address for the old computer. Have you tried deleting the current link, and then just creating a new one? I guess I'm making the assumption that the path and name was the same on both computers.

Ah, the other thing I'd recommend is actually deleting the app from the PC, and reinstalling it. The data for Sonos is actually stored on your speakers, so you wouldn't be losing any data, but there was a change (with 9.0, I think?) that added an HTTP: call for grabbing files, and if you copied the data over from the old computer to the new one, it might just need a reinstall of the app to "fix" that.
Thanks. The path names are the same. I did unistall sonos but yhen connected to an existing system to reinstall. I think i will wipe evrythin out and reinstall eerything, i am not worried about losing anything.
Connecting to an existing system is indeed the thing you should be doing. You may want to contact Sonos to discuss it before wiping everything.