Issues with turntable playback using Connect:Amp

• 10 April 2019
  • 4 replies

I purchased a Connect:Amp a few months ago to connect my audio.technica turntable to my Sonos Play 1 speakers. Unfortunately, when playing a record the audio will be interrupted, sometimes for as long as 20-30 seconds, before coming back in. I have tried resetting my wireless internet and I am inclined to believe this is not the problem because I recently moved states and have a new service provider and router and the issue still persists. This is very troubling considering the price of the Connect:Amp; I would love to listen to my records all the way through on my Sonos speakers. Any tips?

On a separate note, only recently has one of my speakers been dropping out randomly when playing music from my Sonos app. The past two days it has routinely been the same speaker that stops playing and then comes back in after 20 or so seconds.

4 replies

Both of those symptoms point towards an issue with wifi interference. The line in on the CONNECT from your turntable is generally much higher in bandwidth than a normal streaming signal, so it' much more sensitive to issues in your local environment.

Note that many of the issues in your local wifi have absolutely nothing to do with things you have done, but are due to outside influences. Read that link, and see what you can figure out. But if none of that helps, I'd recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of getting a dropout, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
Thanks for the informative response! I’ll take a look at that.
Set the line in to Compressed in options; if the problem disappears, leave it there.
That would certainly help with the data from the line-in on the CONNECT, but wouldn't have any affect on the dropouts when you're streaming.