Answered

Issues with Spotify playing on Sonos connect amp

Hi 

I have a problem with Spotify and Sonos Connect amp it seems. When i try to play the songs in Spotify it says Spotify can’t play this right now. If you  have the file on your computer you can import it. 

I have reached out to Spotify and they think its a Sonos connecting to Spotify issue. I have installed the latest Sonos controller update and tried re-connecting them but its still not working. 

Playing Spotify on laptop (not connect to Sonos) and on my phone works as normal. 

If you see in the picture i try to click the “Arbeidsrom” button on devices in Spotify, but this just disconnects audio from other sources so i cant hear for example internet radio etc. and in Spotify it just keeps saying connecting…..without ever connecting. 

In the past i have never even touched that connect to devices, i have always just let it stay on Listening On - This computer. 

I have never had issues before, i think this started a few weeks ago, maybe a month ago? 

Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong? 

icon

Best answer by Cork20 29 July 2020, 19:30

Hi 

So i did a full clean reinstall of Windows 10 and now it works again. Must have been a settings or some software that did not work well with Spotify or Sonos connect app or could have been drivers of some sort.

Thank you Annazel S for giving me tips and helping me out even tough i was so slow replying to you. 

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Cork20.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!
I appreciate your detailed post outlining this issue.

I’d suggest checking the following guidelines to try and isolate the issue:

We need to ensure that both apps are updated. 

• Please ensure that you are using the current version of the Spotify app and the Sonos app.
  • Start playing a track from the Spotify app and confirm audio is playing from the device before targeting a Sonos speaker.
  • Check if the device you’re using for playback is on the same network as Sonos.

If that doesn’t help, kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app, and reply with the confirmation number.

It can help up identify what is causing your issue.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any other questions or run into any issues, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Hi! 

Thank you for answering my question. This is kinda weird, but suddently this morning everything started to work again normally. Then i closed Spotify and i got the Spotify cant play this song error again. 

Is there a connection error somewhere? 

Both Spotify and Sonos is updated to the latest version. 

Both are on the same network.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Cork20.

Thanks for the response.

We would love to look into this more, but we’ll need some more details to look into it better.

• Have you tried other music services to see if this is just specific on Spotify?
  • How many Spotify accounts are using the same Sonos system?
  • You can try to remove and re-add the Spotify account and see if that helps.

Kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app, and reply with the confirmation number.

It can help up identify what is causing your issue.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out. 

Hi 

Sorry for late reply, have not been home lately. I have sent a diagnostic through my Sonos app. The number is: 101500825

I dont have any other apps download to my computer, but i can listen through websites such as SoundCloud. And i can listen to music trough VLC or other mediaplayer apps. I can also listen to Spotify through Sonos controller app. 

I am currently using only one Sonos account at the moment. I also dont share my computer with anyone else. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Cork20.

Thanks for the response and for the update.

Upon checking on the diagnostic report, a transport error was detected by the system.

This is often caused by wireless interference and wireless congestion and may result to audio interruptions.

I’d recommend a refresh of your local network:

• Unplug your Sonos device.
  • Reboot your router.
  • Give the router a couple of minutes to come back up, then plug back in your Sonos device.
  • Give them a couple of minutes to reboot and reconnect as well, then test. 
  • You might want to try playing other music services to see if it is not only happening on Spotify.
  • You can try the default music service which is Sonos Radio, you may want to add it,  it’s for a free subscription.

It will also be a great help checking the guidelines on the above article first and see if it will work after.

If that doesn’t help, I also notice that you’re Connect: Amp is using a hardwired connection on the internet device, and they are using the same wireless channel (Channel 6).

I recommend changing the SonosNet channel, it must be different from the channel of the internet device (router/AP) to avoid congestion.

Here’s how to Change your Sonos system’s wireless channel:

• You will have to use a mobile controller OS or AndroidNOTE: Sonos System Setting is not available using a computer as a Sonos App controller.

• From the Settings tab, select System > Network > SonosNet Channel.
  • Change the wireless channel to 1 or 11
  • Wait for a few minutes (at least 3 minutes) for the change to kick in then test try and test it.

If the issue persists, please submit a new diagnostic report through the Sonos app, and reply with the confirmation number.

I’d be glad to check it further and see if there’s anything else under the hood that might cause your issue.

Please let me know how it goes with the advice above and if you have any other questions or run into any issues, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Thank you, i’ll check that out, it sounds very much plausible that its something to do with connection/interference with something. 

I will try that out and give you feedback on how it went. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Cork20, 

Thank you for your reply.

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon with a positive result with the advice above.

If you have any other questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thanks!

So, i tried what you suggested and it did not work. 

I tried changing channel from Sonos controller app on the phone but it had no impact. 

Whats weird is that if i choose Spotify from inside Sonos controller app i can play songs through my desktop speakers and Sonos system. But if i use the Spotify app on my phone and try to play through my desktop speakers i get the same issue as i get from trying to use my desktop Spotify app. 

However, using the Spotify app on phone and playing on mobile speakers work as normal. 

And i can use desktop Spotify to play music on my phone without problems, its so weird. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Cork20.

Thanks for the response and for the update.

If I understand it correctly, you can play Spotify from Sonos App and the issue is happening when you are just using Spotify App wherein you cannot target the Sonos device for audio.

I agree that this seems unusual, let me try to check and to take a look closer, kindly verify these details:

• Have you tried to remove and re-add the Spotify account from Sonos?
  • What are the mobile devices experiencing the problem, is it iOS or Android?
  • Try to force close the Spotify app on the device and re-open, then test it to see if it will do the same thing.

If the issue persists, please submit a new diagnostic report from your Sonos app while this occurs and post the confirmation number here so that I can take a look.

I have tried pretty much everything. I use Android on my phone. 

I guess clean installing windows might do the trick. Might even do it just for a fresh windows install anyway. Because to me it sounds like there is a setting somewhere that has been activated or clicked that i cant figure out where, if its in Windows setting or Spotify. But Spotify i have tried reinstalling several times without it working. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Cork20.

Thanks for the response and sorry to hear that the issue still persists.

At this point, it might be best to reach out with Sonos Support for a closer look at this in real-time.

I’d suggest phone support for they have more options available to perform more advanced troubleshooting like screen sharing tools if needed.

The toll-free contact number is 1-800-680-2345

Their hours of operations are Mon-Fri 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM EST.

Hi 

So i did a full clean reinstall of Windows 10 and now it works again. Must have been a settings or some software that did not work well with Spotify or Sonos connect app or could have been drivers of some sort.

Thank you Annazel S for giving me tips and helping me out even tough i was so slow replying to you. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Cork20.

Thanks for the immediate response and update.

It’s nice to hear that it seems to be working fine now.

I truly appreciate all the steps you have done and sharing it with us.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out.

You are always welcome in the community.

Thank you :)