Answered

Issues with Spotify

• 15 October 2021
  • 1 reply

G’day

Whenever I play Spotify through my Sonos set up, after 15 mins or so, my music cuts out and my internet crashes. At first i thought it was an issue with the internet as we have recently moved into a new property and set up with a new internet provider. I do not receive any error messages, it just cuts out and anything linked to the internet stops working until the modem has been reset. 

I have tried using Spotify itself and also through the Sonos app and experience the same issue. Sonos Radio just cut out and I used Soundcloud for over an hour yesterday via the Sonos app and had no issues at all, therefore I’m, assuming it’s an issue within Sonos.  

Any help will be much appreciated 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 15 October 2021, 02:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

That seems odd, I’m not sure how Sonos, or a Sonos stream, could possibly bring down all other network uses. 

The next time it happens, you may want to, immediately after rebooting everything to get it working again, submit a system diagnostic , and call Sonos Support to discuss it. I’d think the last thing ‘recorded’ in the log file would be the event that brings down the network. Although it could be that Sonos is stopping because of everything else stopping, and not as an actual cause. Would be fascinating to know what Sonos sees in that diagnostic. 

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

It’s unclear if you get the same issue while using Spotify’s own client, and not using the Sonos speakers at all. But if SoundCloud on the Sonos system worked without issue, and there were no crashes, it’s unlikely to be a Sonos issue…..which is more perplexing. If it were a Sonos issue, any stream would likely act the same way, bringing down your network.