Answered

Issues with optical slot

Hi

I have a pioneer pdp-435xde - I can’t get any light from a optical cable from digital out port to connect to a new soundbar? I have set the port to digital on tv- please help ???!!
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 26 March 2018, 20:57

Gah, I can certainly understand your frustration. What a poorly organized manual. I'm having trouble finding even how the optical port gets turned on. Maybe it's always on?

Looks like page 47 of the manual shows how to hook up the cable. It does have this warning:

While in DTV mode, no signals are output if they are copy guarded.

Might be worth checking that what you're playing isn't "copy guarded"

Page 34 of the manual suggests some additional settings, which I'd make sure were off. Things like FOCUS, and front surround are only likely to muddle things being sent to the optical port.

I see in the other manual it appears to have a function to update the firmware. I'd recommend that you make sure it's current.

Yea, completely not clear. And I'd re-recommend calling Pioneer.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Have you tried contacting Pioneer's customer service?
Gah, I can certainly understand your frustration. What a poorly organized manual. I'm having trouble finding even how the optical port gets turned on. Maybe it's always on?

Looks like page 47 of the manual shows how to hook up the cable. It does have this warning:

While in DTV mode, no signals are output if they are copy guarded.

Might be worth checking that what you're playing isn't "copy guarded"

Page 34 of the manual suggests some additional settings, which I'd make sure were off. Things like FOCUS, and front surround are only likely to muddle things being sent to the optical port.

I see in the other manual it appears to have a function to update the firmware. I'd recommend that you make sure it's current.

Yea, completely not clear. And I'd re-recommend calling Pioneer.
Many thanks Bruce
Hi Bruce

Any ideas what is the best email or phone to contact pioneer on ?

The company seems to of split a lot !!

Thanks

Richard
Not a clue, unfortunately. I gave up on Pioneer about 25 years ago. I'd assume if you called their normal CS line (assuming they have one), they'd be able to at least give you the number for the correct folks. Or maybe even drop them an email.
Thanks

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings