Answered

Issues pairing Roam to Beam TV audio

• 8 August 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

I’ve replaced a Play One so I can link TV sound (mainly in kitchen) and have more flexibility (carry to other rooms). I had no trouble with the Play One, holding down Play/Pause would pick up TV sound from beam. If I’ve recently streamed music on Roam, what sometimes happens is when I press Play/Pause the music source is transferred to the Beam and I totally lose a) TV sound and b) control of TV sound. The only way to regain control is to a) turn off music source from all devices and b) turn TV off and on again. This is not acceptable especially because it means I’ve missed important information eg the start of an Australian COVID press conference (most of Australia is currently back in lockdown). 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 8 August 2021, 04:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

You are probably pressing and holding the Play/Pause button too long which causes the Roam to do a “sound swap” which moves the audio playing from the Roam to the nearest Sonos speaker. Try pressing and holding the button for less time.