Question

Issues doing Truplay with Playbar

• 10 January 2019
  • 8 replies

Badge
I have tried Truplay on my Playbar, with Play:1's as surrounds about a dozen times and it fails each time.

It tells me I need to move around the room more. If I literally run around the room all over with phone below my knees and above my head it tells me there is too much noise. (probably due to the cracks in the floor and the "wind" effect on the microphone.)

So how many times do you need to loop around the room? I have tried going to each spot I can twice and it's still not enough.

I am trying it with a iPhone SE and also with an iPhone 5. Both semi old phones but that's all I have for apple products.

Any suggestions?

FYI, I have lots of furniture in the room, so there is only so many places I can walk. The room is about 20x16 feet.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Slow down your movements. It won't work if you run, jerking the phone around. It takes me 2-3 seconds at least to bring the phone from my knees to above my head, constantly moving it up and down while I'm walking...slowly And keep moving it the entire time it's calibrating., don't worry about covering areas you've already been at.
Badge
OK, I'll try again and only hit each area once. I have done other rooms with other speakers and truplay worked every time. So I did try it like that at first, then it told me to cover more of the room.... I'll try again tonight moving slower. Thanks for the tip.
Badge
OK, tried again last night, still saying cover more of the room. I've tried it about 20 times so far, and have done it to other rooms (without a playbar and 2 play:1's) without a problem. I assume the playbar and surrounds is causing an issue of some kind.

I hear the playbar sounds way better after truplay, but I guess that's not going to happen for me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Only thing I can think of is to submit a diagnostic right after trying to Trueplay. Perhaps Sonos staff can get a better idea of what the issue is?

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/141?language=en_US
Badge
Yeah, I think that's the next step, have not done that in a while but will get to it when I have some more time.

Thanks!
Badge
I submitted a diagnostic, trueplay was the last thing I did on this phone, so hopefully the data is still there.

Confirmation number is 897616681
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I submitted a diagnostic, trueplay was the last thing I did on this phone, so hopefully the data is still there.

Confirmation number is 897616681

Hi there,

Thanks for sending in the report. I'm not seeing anything obvious in your report which would explain the trouble in getting Trueplay to complete. I think it would be best to troubleshoot this issue live with our phone team. Please give us a call, you can find our number here.
Badge
OK, I'll call the next time I have time to try it again. Thx

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings