Question

Issues after latest update

• 11 December 2016
  • 59 replies

Songs skip, drop, very buggy, anyone else?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

59 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Sometimes an update may expose IP conflicts.

Turn off router, Sonos and EVERY device attached to the network (that means phones, tablets and all). then restart router wait a few mins. Start Bridge or Bosst next if you have that, wait then start Sonos gear and after that the other network devices.

That will most likely sort you out
Badge
Similar issues with my set up after the update. Worked without issue for 4 months until app update but will attempt the recommended restart tasks.
Badge
Same issue. Songs cutout. Rebooted the router and switch.
Still have cutout issues. I shouldn't have to go thru my entire Intranet rebooting all devices just because of an update! Maybe Sonos could fix this issue and try updating there latest update 7.0??
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Still have cutout issues. I shouldn't have to go thru my entire Intranet rebooting all devices just because of an update! Maybe Sonos could fix this issue and try updating there latest update 7.0??

Given the virtually infinite variety of routers, ISPs, environments and set-up I'm frankly amazed how well Sonos works as a rule. In terms of your problem, frustratiing as it is, you need to switch EVERYTHING off and not just the router and switch (what's that anyway? Sound like it may be a non standard setup).

Given the virtually infinite variety of routers, ISPs, environments and set-up I'm frankly amazed how well Sonos works as a rule. In terms of your problem, frustratiing as it is, you need to switch EVERYTHING off and not just the router and switch (what's that anyway? Sound like it may be a non standard setup).

Agree entirely with Stuart. There are hundreds of thousands of Sonos users applying the update, and you see on this forum a handful of users having NETWORK problems following the update. A handful of users will have network problems every day. When it happens just after an update, they blame the update. Even if the update has provoked a temporary network issue for you, it doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the update.

I understand that when you are one of the few having problems it is very frustrating. But is will be resolvable.
Badge
Done. Now playing music again ... waiting to see what happens. BTW what I call a switch is a device that connects a number of devices to one internet outlet.
Badge
Rebooted all devices. Songs are still cutting out. Playing Melody Gardot's The Absence. On my third cutout now!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Are you using Sonosnet or just your home wifi. You rebooted ALL wifi devices (not just Sonos) then your router?

You could try going into router and giving your Sonos units new static IP addresses and the rebooting router and them one more time.
Badge
Both Sonos Connects are hard wired.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
So shouldn't be wireless issue. You could also check wiring one and not the other to see if some type of spanning loop is going on.
Badge
They have both worked as is until this last update
Badge
Almost two years
Badge +3
Hi there - My Sonos network has been amazingly rock solid for years ... now songs are cutting out / sporatically advancing mid-track to the next track in the queue (spotify, amazon music) ... not limited to a single zone. Drat just did it again while writing this. Not sure if it is tied to the latest update or not (zones are updated to the revision with spotify connect) ... i will stay tuned.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The update was tested pretty extensively. But when firmware of devices and reboots happen there is always possibility of network problems. iPhones are really bad for it.

If you turn off all wireless devices In Your house not just Sonos then reboot router it should clear. It can also help going into router and assigning all Sonos devices a new IP address outside normal range your router gives out. Routers just have a hard time with duplicating ip addresses when devices reboot with different software.
Badge
I've allready done that. Has not fixed the problem. Songs are still stopping with a message "connection speed problem".
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I would call Sonos or post diagnostic (number from settings advanced submit diagnostic) here for Sonos to review your network.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
And you tried my suggestion of unplugging Ethernet cable from one of the two. ?
Badge
Tried that days ago.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Tried that days ago.

You're probably best to get in touch with Sonos but as a starter if you submit a diagnostic soon after a drop out here then a Sonos rep will look by in the next few days.

If you have done a complete system reset then the usual other culprit is wireless interference - So make sure your Sonos is on a different wireless channel to your router and that the router is set to manual channel selection. Make sure no unit is near the router (use the full length of the supplied LAN cable if you can).
Badge
I did send an email to Sonos on Dec. 10 explaining the problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I did send an email to Sonos on Dec. 10 explaining the problem.

Well if you didn't submit a diagnostic I can guarantee the first thing they will ask you to do is submit one so you might as well do that and save some time.
Badge
Will do that today. I will post any results to thus forum.
I am having exactly the same issue post 7 update. All working perfectly before the update. Now all services and music work perfectly for a time after I have labouriously rebooted my whole network and the following day cut out so frequently as to be unusable. No change to wireless channels. Sonos on Channel 1 remaining wireless traffic on other channels. Updated mid last week. It takes an hour to patiently reboot modem, router, Sonos and then all other wireless devices.

Why should an update that is supposed to enhance the Sonos experience introduce problems? Nothing has changed in my network set up the only thing that has changed is the Sonos software. Fed up.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Because it will show you network issues or reboots will cause IP address issues with your network.
Badge
Agreed. Lets hope Sonos will address the issue ASAP.