Issue with Sonos Arc and HDMI CEC on LG OLED TV

• 17 November 2020
  • 5 replies

I have 2 Sonos Arc soundbars. I have an LG C7 and an LG C9. On the Arc attached to the C9 the HDMI CEC controls do not work. I can get audio through the eARC. The Arc attached to the C7 works normally. When I move the C9’s soundbar to the C7 I can't get any audio at all and the CEC controls still don't work. The C7 doesn't have eARC. The C7’s soundbar moved to the C9 works normally.

Sounds like a bad soundbar maybe? On the Sonos app it claims that the C9 ARC mode isn't on but I have a Sony soundbar that I replaced with the Sonos and the ARC works. Also works on my PS5 and Nvidia Shield.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @winb83, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue with the Sonos Arc on your LG TV, So that we can check the status of ti when connected to the Sonos Arc for the LG C7, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue if it’s a compatibility issue with the TV. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Number: 435474991

The problematic one that only works through eARC is in my bedroom and that's its name. The one that works normally is in the living room and that's its name. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @winb83, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. It shows on the Bedroom Arc “Error device” and it’s not detecting the CEC for that room. I’m thinking this could be a compatibility issue if you can check the CEC settings on the TV. Have you checked with the TV manufacturer the TV model if it is compatible or not for eArc for the LG C7?

Let me know your thoughts on the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

I guess the issue is why I could take the other Sonos Arc and plug it up to that same TV and have the CEC controls work? Why can I plug up the non working soundbar to an LG, Panasonic, and Samsung TV and the CEC works on none of them and the only one that can get any audio is the LG because it has HDMI 2.1 with eARC?

I guess I'll call this in because the issue is isolated to just this single soundbar. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @winb83, thanks for the update. Sorry to hear about this ongoing issue. We can take this further. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps for this issue. 

If there is anything else I can do for you, please, don’t hesitate to let me know.  
We're here to answer any further questions you have.