Answered

Issue with Play1s and Playbar

Hi there

I have 2 Play1s setup as surround speakers with a Playbar but unfortunately I am getting no sound out of them. It used to work fine but has recently stopped and I am tearing my hair out trying to fix it. 

I have tried removing them and adding them but to no avail.

They are connected to the system, as pressing the button on them pauses the music ok. 

The only clue I have is that when I go into the “about my system” it says that my wireless network will not support the use of surrounds with my playbar. However I don’t know what to do next to resolve this (and it used to work ok…?)

Any help welcome!

thanks

icon

Best answer by Corry P 5 May 2021, 17:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Thanks! You are right, I am using a TP extender, and I also have a Sky Q box.

Turning off/on the main router and the Sonos devices did sort out the issue for a day or so, but then it reverted to not working - so I’ll try what you suggest, and hopefully that gives me a longer term solution!

Will post back if so . . .

Gareth

Userlevel 7

Have you tried rebooting your router and unplugging the Playbar and Play:1s from power for about a minute?

I’ve tried rebooting the router, but not the individual speakers too. I’ll try that now!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Squiller 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

The only clue I have is that when I go into the “about my system” it says that my wireless network will not support the use of surrounds with my playbar.

This is less of a clue and more of an exact (though not exhaustive) description of the problem! In all likelihood, your Playbar is connecting to a WiFi extender instead of to your router directly. The limitations of this extender are limiting your Sonos system’s performance.

If your Playbar is within range of your router’s WiFi, all you need to do is to turn your extender off for half of a minute - if the signal from the router is sufficient the Playbar will remain connected to it (until either the router or the Playbar is rebooted, in which case you can just reboot the extender again afterwards).

If you don’t think you have an extender, then you are likely with Sky and have a Sky Q box, in which case the Sky Q box is the extender. Turn it off at the wall to reboot it.