Question

Issue: Windows app doesn't have a internet connection

• 3 October 2016
  • 3 replies

Hi,

we are using the Sonos windows software with Win 10 - trying at least.
It can't connect to any Sonos service or to Spotify, which we installed with an iPhone.

Yes, the wifi connection is set to private.
Yes, all connection types by the Sonos App are allowed.

The Sonos Play 1 is working fine with our iPhone and Android mobile phone. Just the Windows 10 app can't connect to anything! (We could not set up the new Sonos Play 1 with this Windows System either. The software just said that there is no internet connection, despite the fact that all other Windows programs (Chrome, Spotify etc) worked fine. We used the mobile app for the setup at the end.)

I added a screenshot with the error message when I try to connect to Spotfy. It's in German but ... ;)

Anynone with ideas to solve this issue?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, ffischer. Can you please advise as to whether you are able to submit diagnostics? If so, can you please reply here with the confirmation number? Thanks in advance.
Hi Edward,

thank you very much for your answer. We just sent a diagnostic, it has the confirmation number "6619543".

Best,
Fabian
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi Fabian, thanks for sending over that diagnostic. Can you also tell us if you're using a firewall or antivirus type software there? If so, what is it? On the diagnostic there's quite a lot of network errors; try restarting your router by removing the power cable for 20 seconds and then replacing it. I'm also wondering if there's anything unusual in your Windows network adapter settings:

• Open Control Panel
  • Go to 'Network and Sharing Center'
  • Click 'Change adapter settings'
  • Right-click on the adapter you are using. This is usually WiFi.
  • Select 'Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IP v4), click on 'Properties'

Are these settings set to obtain automatically or do they have manual entries?