Answered

Issue syncing Play 5 with Connect

• 1 May 2017
  • 1 reply

I have set up a Connect and PLAY 5 as two different rooms (as the PLAY:5 is used around the house). Play 5 is connected wirelessly via SonosNET to a Bridge, and the Connect is on Ethernet.

I can happily stream music to/from each device individually just fine, however when I try to group the two, I'll get a split-second of audio at full volume from the Connect, whilst the Play:5 plays the audio just fine. Interestingly, if I turn up the connect to max volume, I can hear the music faintly through the speakers - seems to just be the high frequencies.
Additionally, I can stream from the 'Line In' port of the connect to the Play 5 without any problem. There's no latency.

At other times, such as when playing radio- I will get consistent audio out of both speakers.

I have tried changing the Wireless channel from 6 to 11.

I have submitted a diagnostic - 7354387 is the confirmation No.
icon

Best answer by Nico R 2 May 2017, 22:01

Hello jgoodlife, welcome to the Community. The order in which you group the players is important, so the first unit to choose is the CONNECT and then group the PLAY:5 to it. When you've set the CONNECT audio output type to variable, we recommend moving the volume slider to 50% or higher, then turning the volume down on the receiver or amplifier to compensate,. It also appears that if you move Sonos to channel 1 it might provide you with a less noisy wifi environment. The computer name that is holding your music library exceeds the 15 character maximum, and your phone has been intermittently disconnecting from the router.

For the music library and computer naming conventions, please click this link to see the recommended settings.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Hello jgoodlife, welcome to the Community. The order in which you group the players is important, so the first unit to choose is the CONNECT and then group the PLAY:5 to it. When you've set the CONNECT audio output type to variable, we recommend moving the volume slider to 50% or higher, then turning the volume down on the receiver or amplifier to compensate,. It also appears that if you move Sonos to channel 1 it might provide you with a less noisy wifi environment. The computer name that is holding your music library exceeds the 15 character maximum, and your phone has been intermittently disconnecting from the router.

For the music library and computer naming conventions, please click this link to see the recommended settings.