Is your music cutting out? Or are your players disappearing from the app?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
  • Sonos Employee
  • 5609 replies

Hi all,

If you’re experiencing any of the above, or your app is sluggish, then your Sonos set up may be suffering from “wireless interference”. In the video, you will see how to fix this annoying issue, and get back to listening to your favorite tunes, uninterrupted.

Feel free to let us know how to get along with the video. If you need any further assistance, we’re ready to help! :D

Please note that we also have a support article explaining how to change the wireless channel here: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1219

Still having problems? Grab a diagnostic and add it to your reply.

Sonos Controller App for iOS or Android
From the Sonos music menu, touch Settings > Advanced Settings menu > Submit Diagnostics.

Sonos Desktop Controller App for Mac or PC
Select Submit Diagnostics from the Help menu.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

385 replies

Hello Sonos Support,

I haven't heard back on the above in a few days. Is there nothing else you can give me to try?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hello Sonos Support,

I haven't heard back on the above in a few days. Is there nothing else you can give me to try?

Please try clearing the wireless credentials from your Sonos speakers. This may help them stay in communication. If that doesn't help, send along a new report.
I have cleared the wireless network credentials but still the same issue persists. Here is another report from tonight 2074826438.
Can I have an update on this please?
Badge
Got issues with mye setup as well.
Playbar, sub, two Play:1.
While playing music my two Play:1 speakers, and sometimes the sub, drop out. They come back on after 5-20 seconds. They do not disappear from my setup.
I'm on a Airties wifi-mesh system. My routers wifi is disconnected and is hardwired into a mesh-node, so is my Playbar.

My diagnistics is: 181192106
Badge +1
After adding two Play 3's to my system that was working great, I'm now getting chaos with Apple Music...constant drop outs, speakers going on and off. After about 10 minutes of that things settle down and play fine. Then if i try to skip a song or put something else on, chaos happens again. App controls stop working. I have a few turntables hooked up to connects that seem to work fine, don't get the dropouts on that. Any time i'm using the app and try to change room speakers this happens, but when I have just 4 speakers or so on things seem to be fine. Also browsing Apple Music through Sonos apps on phone and iPad the app consistently crashes after a minute or so. Doesn't happen on the laptop. Diagnostics 326072758. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi folks,

If you're having trouble streaming from iOS devices, please see my post here about the fixes included in version 9.1, released today.
System unusable after airplay updates. Worked without any problems the last years. Music from surround speakers cutting out constantly (tunein and spotify), this morning the tv setup disappeared. I had to reconnect them all. I changed wireless channels on my router and sonos. No change. Dropouts all the time.

Diagnostic: 543670153
Badge
I have a Beam, a One, and a Play:5, each in their own room. The Beam and One are frequently paired. All have gone missing from my Sonos iOS and macOS apps, and are also unavailable through Spotify Connect. Alexa can't find them either. I've tried selecting a dedicated 2.4GHz channel on my Apple Extreme Base Station. Diagnostic report: 705591946. Advice?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
System unusable after airplay updates. Worked without any problems the last years. Music from surround speakers cutting out constantly (tunein and spotify), this morning the tv setup disappeared. I had to reconnect them all. I changed wireless channels on my router and sonos. No change. Dropouts all the time.

Hi abiffi,

Thanks for sending in the diagnostic report. It looks like there's an issue with the wireless card on your Playbase. This would explain why you're having issues with the surround audio as those speakers connect through your Playbase's wireless signal. It would be best to reach out to our phone team who can take over from here. Please call us up, our phone number is found here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have a Beam, a One, and a Play:5, each in their own room. The Beam and One are frequently paired. All have gone missing from my Sonos iOS and macOS apps, and are also unavailable through Spotify Connect. Alexa can't find them either. I've tried selecting a dedicated 2.4GHz channel on my Apple Extreme Base Station. Diagnostic report: 705591946. Advice?

Hi there,

Please check your computer's firewall and antivirus settings to make sure it's configured for Sonos. If that doesn't help, check out this guide to getting reconnected to your speakers.
Badge
Thanks Jeff, I spoke with support. The problem may have related to use of 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz channels with the same SSID on an Airport Extreme. Resolved by changing the 5 Ghz SSID and wiring the Beam into the router with an ethernet cable. The devices are back on Sonos Controller, Spotify Connect, and Alexa.

Hi there,

Please check your computer's firewall and antivirus settings to make sure it's configured for Sonos. If that doesn't help, check out this guide to getting reconnected to your speakers.
Thank you Jeff.
I called them up and they will now replace my Playbase.

Hi abiffi,

Thanks for sending in the diagnostic report. It looks like there's an issue with the wireless card on your Playbase. This would explain why you're having issues with the surround audio as those speakers connect through your Playbase's wireless signal. It would be best to reach out to our phone team who can take over from here. Please call us up, our phone number is found here.
Hi Support,

I have a play 3 that is connected at outdoor having disconnecting issue.
I have submitted diagnostics : 1294358331.

Please kindly look into it.

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Danlim. The issue is that there is a poor WiFi signal where your PLAY:3 is situated. Stands to reason, I suppose, if it's outside and your router is not.
Hi Edward,

Thanks for your reply.

Poor wifi signal should not be an issue cause im getting full bar from my phone outside exactly where the speaker is placed.
Is the wifi card used for Play:3 up to date?

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
It certainly is, but the diagnostic information is suggesting that the WiFi signal is not sufficient. Is it an iPhone with WiFi assist switched on?
Hi Edward,

The ipad does not have cellular data so does not have the function of wifi assist.

The music gets cut off and now its out of the sonos app but in my rourer showing its still getting the ip address.

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Danlim. Would you please try logging into your router and changing its operating channel? It may be losing its signal due to interference.
Hi Edward,

Will do that and feedback cause im operating a bar will need this speaker to work properly outdoors.

Is there contact to call from Singapore ?

Thanks
Hello, seems I have the same problem as everyone else: Music stopping, skipping songs etc. I have tried wifi mode or boost mode, no changes. Tried changing channels, no changes. have plenty of wifi coverage everywhere.

Thanks
Jason
Diagnostics submitted... recently added an additional Play 3 and Play 1 to my system. Since then I can encountering constant drop outs
You should post the number of those diagnostics here, so they know which one to look at.
Diagnostics submitted... recently added an additional Play 3 and Play 1 to my system. Since then I can encountering constant drop outs

Hi Support,

Here is my diagnostic number: 2017197797.

Kindly help me to check is there any wifi disconnecting issue.

Besides this, i would like to check that whether just changing of router only but not changing the SSID will it affect the sonos system and required to plug in one sonos speaker in the router and reconfigure or doing it the hard way to repair all the sonos speaker.

Currently i have 2x Play:5 Gen2, 2x Play:1 and 1x Play:3. So repairing will be a tedious job.

Thanks.