Is your music cutting out? Or are your players disappearing from the app?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
  • Sonos Employee
  • 5609 replies

Hi all,

If you’re experiencing any of the above, or your app is sluggish, then your Sonos set up may be suffering from “wireless interference”. In the video, you will see how to fix this annoying issue, and get back to listening to your favorite tunes, uninterrupted.

Feel free to let us know how to get along with the video. If you need any further assistance, we’re ready to help! :D

Please note that we also have a support article explaining how to change the wireless channel here: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1219

Still having problems? Grab a diagnostic and add it to your reply.

Sonos Controller App for iOS or Android
From the Sonos music menu, touch Settings > Advanced Settings menu > Submit Diagnostics.

Sonos Desktop Controller App for Mac or PC
Select Submit Diagnostics from the Help menu.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

385 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
your system is completely messed up. Fist I would think there is something wrong with your bridge device. Try rebooting it. If system doesn’t adjust to wm:0 on playbar then try plugging in playbar or another speaker to router and see if they adjust.

Sorry yea the play 5 if they are setup for surround say wm:2 because they are connecting direct to playbar bonded. They should say 2. But playbar should say 1.

How far from bridge to playbar?
Badge
Wow your system is completely messed up. Fist I would think there is something wrong with your bridge device. Try rebooting it. If system doesn’t adjust to wm:0 on playbar then try plugging in playbar or another speaker to router and see if they adjust.

Sorry yea the play 5 if they are setup for surround say wm:2 because they are connecting direct to playbar bonded. They should say 2. But playbar should say 1.
Badge
Thanks, I have rebooted everything but I will try your suggestion of attaching another speaker to the router. I might try resetting all the speakers as well and setting them up again
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
No. Do not reset speakers and re-setup. Bad idea.
Badge
Thanks for your help, I swapped the speaker that was connected to the router and they are now all connected on wm:0, hopefully that will help with the connection issues and songs skipping
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
With the rest working you can try to do a hard reset on the bridge. Then add it back in the app. Then when added back you can hook it up
Running 3 Play 1's and one Play 3 through a Bridge, on the SonosNet, not WiFi. Everything has been running fine for months. Today tried to add a track to my play queue and started getting Error 1002's. Started messing with the controller, trying to add tracks from Spotify and two of the Play 1's and the Play 3 dropped out completely.
Unplugged everything, rebooted my router and modem and then slowly plugged everything back in. They all (very) slowly reconnected to the network except one of the Play 1's, which is furthest from the Bridge. Got the other 3 speakers working fine, it let me add tracks, etc. Moved the dead Play 1 closer to the Bridge and re-added it to the network. It worked, then it had me link it to my Sonos account, which worked, then I added it to my Group of speakers which were playing music. It joined in playing music.
Tried to add another track to my queue and got Error 1002 again. Tried to remove the offending Play 1 from the group, but it wouldn't let me, just timed out. Eventually it dropped out, then shortly after the other three dropped out.

Any ideas? Diagnostics #8254741
Userlevel 1
We live in the country, have 1 wireless access point, wireless scan show everything in 2.4 and 5GHz running on primary channels, and sonos amps are hardwired in.

Pandora stops randomly. Need new troubleshooting steps or the player to be smart enough to fix itself as wireless is not the issue.
With the latest update, we have been more than randomly We live in the country, have 1 wireless access point, wireless scan show everything in 2.4 and 5GHz running on primary channels, and sonos amps are hardwired in.

Pandora stops randomly. Need new troubleshooting steps or the player to be smart enough to fix itself as wireless is not the issue.

We are having the same issue here with the latest Sonos update with Pandora. We have had it stop playing so far 4-5 times in the last 2 hours.
You may want to read this thread:

https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/outage-pandora-stops-playing-on-sonos-6796005
Userlevel 1
Hello
Suddenly my play 5 disapeared from the controller. The play 1 is still playing.
On the play 5, the white light is constantly on.
Would this problem be due to interfrence ? Tje speaker is well out of the range of any other device. It functioned perfectly since the installation last september.
Probably not interference, although the chance isn't 0. Try connecting the PLAY:5 to your router with an ethernet cable, and see if it plays. Or, if you think it's worth checking for interference, move it to somewhere else in your home, and plug it in.

If it works when plugged in to the router, but not when it isn't, I'd bet it's a wifi card issue. While it's connected to the router, run a diagnostic, and then contact Sonos directly, via one of the methods behind the link at the bottom of this page labeled "Contact us..." and talk directly to them about the issue.
My Sonos on 1 zone keeps shutting off.ive checks the sleep timer for that zone and it’s off. I’ve also tried all three Sonos net channels, but that didn’t work. I submitted a diagnostic- confirmation number 8277554.
I have 2 Sonos:1 (Livingroom and Kitchen). The livingroom is 2 metres away from my router (TP Link Archer VR900 v2), and the kitchen is about 6 metres + through a stone wall.

I regularly fail to find both my Sonos from my App on my Android phone.

I have submitted 8267394. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
I have 2 Sonos:1 (Livingroom and Kitchen). The livingroom is 2 metres away from my router (TP Link Archer VR900 v2), and the kitchen is about 6 metres + through a stone wall.

I regularly fail to find both my Sonos from my App on my Android phone.

I have submitted 8267394. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Both my Sonos Ones are now connected and I have updated the 8289563 as a "Working" diagnostics.
I have submitted diagnostics - # 8293764

I have been struggling with Sonos for months. It just disconnects and can't find the player at random times. I have a Connect:AMP and a Play:1. The AMP is ethernet connected and the Play:1 is not.
Hello Folks

My play 5 2nd gen disappeared from the app controller too last week and I can't get it back either. I had the same set up for nearly a year and its been running fine. 4 play 1's with a sub in the same vicinity of the play 5 all grouped together in one big room.

On the troubleshooting, I've tried everything EXCEPT changing the channel on my cable router (I have a standard set up). I hesitate to do that because all of my remaining sonos products are working fine as well as all my MANY other wireless products in the 2.4 GHZ range. The cable router is set to auto channel select and I'm running a google WIFI mesh, which has been working flawlessly for sometime now, so I don't want to jack up other things just b/c my play 5 has flaked out.

When I press the join button on the back of the play 5, I'll get a steady flashing orange, which eventually turns to solid orange... indicating some sort of warning mode??? If I pull the plug and power it back up, the solid while light comes back, but not luck bringing it back on-line.

Just in case there was interference issue, I've moved the speaker several times throughout the house away from potential culprits, no luck.

When I plug the play 5 in via cat 5 directly into the cable router, I'm puzzled as to why the controller app can't see it. The router see it as sonosZP... what the heck is that?

Based on my experience, this play 5 is behaving like some sort of hardware just bricked inside or some software update just threw things out of whack.

Thanks folks!
My music always cuts out after I updated my app. I tried to reconfigure everything. Didn't seems to work. There isn't any interference around my playbar and sub. I'm using Spotify. Please help. I wanted to get a couple of play 1 and I'm reconsidering my decisions now. We are paying so much to encounter so many problems.

My diagnosis number. 8304593
Just bought two Play1 speakers to add to my Playbar and Sub. Seemed to work fine yesterday. Today, The Play1 speakers are both cutting out when playing music on Line-In/Audio (my record player). Streaming on Spotify works fine. Diagnostic code is 8305702. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
What line in are you using. Your network weeks to be bogging down. Is there a way you can plug one Sonos unit into router for sonosnet to handle traffic.
What line in are you using. Your network weeks to be bogging down. Is there a way you can plug one Sonos unit into router for sonosnet to handle traffic.
I think I may have this resolved.
1.) The line-in is my ATLP120, a vinyl record player which physically connects to my Sonos Connect by way of red/white RCA cables.
2.) Unfortunately my router is about 40ft away from the the Sonos units. I tried changing multiple channels on the 2.4Ghz WiFi spectrum. Some worked better than others, but there disruption remained in playing audio to the Play 1 speakers. The Play Bar and the Sub never experienced any disruption in playing audio.
3.) I setup QoS rules on my router allowing Sonos devices higher priority. Could not really tell if this worked. Performance was about the same was varying the 2.4GhZ channels on WiFi.
4. I removed the Play1 as surround sound speakers and set both up as standalone "room" configs. Next I joined the new rooms with my old ones and eureka no streaming disruption since. So here's for hoping. I re-ran diags and the new code is 8306099.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You could wire one temporary to see if helps and allows you topair the play1s with playbar. If works get a cheap bridge to make the connection.
FWIW, I re-added the two Play1 as surround sound speakers because the stereo right/left was pleasing to the ear. Unfortunately this re-introduced the disruption issue on the Play1. So for now I will leave the setup as grouped standalone(s). Thanks for help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Strange. It must have something to with them connecting them via the playbar.

Again. Go back to the paired as aurrounds but try hooking any unit to your router.
Latest configuration: back to paired surround setup with one Play1 physically cabled directly to the router. The remaining Play1, sub, and bar are wireless. During record play the audio only cut out one or twice, but it does still occur in this setup. Ran a diag. Code 8306212