Is your music cutting out? Or are your players disappearing from the app?

Show first post

352 replies

Hit reply too quickly.

Based on the symptoms you describe, I'm going to hazard a guess that you've got some duplicate IP address issues with your speakers. I'd try unplugging them from power, then rebooting your router. Once the router comes back up, plug back in your Sonos devices, and see if that makes a difference to the experience. If that does work, I'd encourage you to look in to reserving IP addresses for all of your network devices in your router's DHCP table.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have two Sonos One's (about two months old) in one room - they are 10 feet from a brand new xfinity wireless router. Up until this week they have been great, but as of this week they are unusable - they intermittently drop connection entirely, stop playing music and won't reconnect for several minutes, they skip songs, airplay works even worse and will only connect and work about 33% of the time. I have changed nothing about them or my room, they haven't moved an inch. I have tried changing my wireless channel on my router to several different channels to no avail, Ive tried resetting them both to factory settings and setting up the room from scratch. Nothing has managed to help. I have no problem chrome casting in the living room, I have no problem streaming music through any outlet. Please help me, this investment has become a pair of paper weights.

Diagnostics report: 1177339349

Hi there,

Your speakers are having a hard time staying connected to your wireless network. This is probably due to the high number of nearby networks running on the same channel as your own. Try changing your router's wireless channel to 11 and test things out again.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings