Question

Is Sonos down? Two systems stopped working this morning

• 29 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Both the Sonos system that I have in my home and another at an office stopped working this morning. I am unable to browse for music (Pandora) on either one. There was a message on the app that I needed to validate my email address, which I have now done. The system is still not working. Is anyone else having this issue?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I have been on hold with Sonos Support for over 22 minutes now.

Pandora is down. There’s no ‘Sonos’ cloud function to be down.

Look at www.status.Sonos.com

Just discovered that the issue is with Pandora, not Sonos.

Thank you Bruce!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Mine is the third system today having this problem. Just came from a client's house, brand new installation worked until this morning. The app says it cannot connect to the system, no system components show up. Yesterday had a client ask me about the same problem and now today in my own home the S2 app cannot find any S2 components that have always been there. It does however find the remaining two s1 devices. Sonos does have some sort of server that at minimum handles the password login of the app. First thing I noticed at the clients this morning is that I could not add any services. Now back at my own home I cannot add any services either. There is a bigger system problem going on here right now

My issue yesterday ended up being related to the Pandora streaming service being down, not anything to do with Sonos. However, a couple of weeks ago, after updating to S2, several Sonos components in my system would not show up. I spoke to tech support and was advised to hard wire one of my Sonos speakers directly to my router (via an ethernet cable). This had never been necessary in the past. Anyway--I did what they asked and with the exception of the Pandora outage, my system has been working flawlessly since then.