Answered

Is sonos actually worth it

I am in a 2 bedroom apartment. Have fast internet arc,sub, 5,3x sonos 1,boost constantly in and out issues sick of the cutting in and out. What is the point in spending so much on a system that works sometimes really well no issues and other times like absolute shit!!! Should I just cut losses sell

and get some other system 

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 30 July 2022, 10:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Your frustration is clear. But since your problem seems wifi-related (or do you also have cut outs when whatching TV?) you would make it easier for the community if you describe your system and wifi set up a bit better.

It would be good to know how your system connects to the outside world. You mention a Boost. What router? Do you use access points or mesh? Are there more wifinetworks around you? Have tried switch channels on the Boost? Did you call Sonos and ask them for help?

Have been dealing with a Sonos tech logging in to my system changing things back and forward adjustments etc. for at least a month now. I constantly ask what can I buy to fix this to just get sorted. I’m sick of the back and forth communicating should it be this difficult? Hence why I ask is it worth it? Great sound but the wifi side for me is absolute rubbish 

The Community regulars don’t have trouble from one year to the next, but we do have a properly configured network. I have a terrible urban WiFi environment with a medical facility next door and lots of nearby houses.

We need details about your network. What is wired? What is wireless? We need model numbers of your network equipment. Do you have any Bluetooth or ZigBee devices nearby? If you have a pile of wireless gadgets near the SONOS units, give the SONOS units some space. 3 feet or more would be ideal.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

If you just want an answer to “ is it worth it?” there are a heck of a lot of Sonos users that will say “yes” - far more than will say “no”. 

There are folk on these forums that will try to help you, if you let them. Knowing more details about your router, wifi infrastructure etc, as already asked, will allow them to narrow down the issues and (hopefully) resolve the problem.

When I followed advice given in these forums 5 or so years ago, it gave me a long-term stable system which I still enjoy today.