I try to describe my setup:
- I have 3 Access Points from Ubiquiti (on 3 floors of a rather big house)
- 1 Netgear Switch (in the basement and a star-RJ45 network going into the rooms.. where the AP's are)
- 1 Ubuqiutiy Security Gateway (my Router, where the Switch is connected to)
- 1 Sonos Boost (in one of the rooms on the ground floor hard-wired)
I guess I have a BOOST-Network (what sonos calls it... but not sure about that)
My Problem: When I connect my controller on a Apple Device (Iphone or MacBook) which is connected over my home WIFI, the controller only recognizes the speakers on that floor where I just am (e.g. when I am in the living room, then the controller finds the speakers in the living room). When I move upwards (and I guess my mac-book connects with the UbiquiI AP on the top floor), then the speakers there won't be recognized. When I log out from my controller and log in again, sometimes the speakers on the Top-Floor are shown (and the ones in the living room not) or vice versa.....
Question: So what do i need to do, that my controller can show all speakers in my house?
- Would another Boost hard wired to my network (on the top floor) help solve the situation? .... I am thinking by using the Boost, I have a separate Sonos-Net and the Ubuquit-AP are irrelevant anyway but the first Boost is too far away from the speakers on the upper floor and a second one would solve the problem
- Might the problem be that I have various Access-Points and my Controller..... which is connected over my labtop and then my WIFI through the AP somehow doesn't see all the loudspeakers because I am changing from one AP to another ???
If you have read until here and know an answer, your help is kindly appreciated.