Is it just me who thinks Sonos is not SO easy anymore :-)

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

When Sonos was launched, it worked very easily. Plug in and play! Now it is a single mess that you have to replace both the one and the other to make things work well. It stops and chops - NO this is not getting better and better but worse and worse - time to find something new ?? Or is it just me who experiences it that way?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Sounds to me like you are having network issues or experiencing WiFi interference. Have you rebooted your router or unplugged the affected speakers from power for about a minute? Are you able to connect any of your speakers (not a surround speaker or Sub) directly to your router with an ethernet cable?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

When Sonos was launched nobody had wifi. Since then in most built up areas multiple networks  cause interference.

Sonos is more complicated than when it launched. It has a much wider product range and loads more features and options. For me, those are positives.

More significantly, the environment in which it operates has become more complex and challenging, with smart home systems, mesh WiFi and a host of other things.

But it is still a robust and well made system. The problems you describe are classic local network issues, probably wireless interference.