Question

iphone xr not connecting to network

• 13 July 2020
  • 7 replies

My IPhone XR has dropped off my network and it cannot seem to reconnect.

Sonos app is working with an IPhone 7 and a windows 10 laptop but it is no longer connected through the iPhone XR which was working as recently as Saturday.

I can recall no updates being added, I have rebooted my router and power cycled my Sonos products but no joy. I have also had the XR forget the WiFi network and reconnect. 

The Sonos products still play the alarm that was set up using the XR.

If anyone would have any suggestions on what I could do next they would be very welcome. 

Thanks in advance

7 replies

Is your phone connected to the 2.4GHz band of your router? (In some setups and with some routers the app won’t connect if the device is on 5GHz.)  You don’t have a VPN running on the phone?

Hi John,

Yeah phone is connected to 2.4 and no VPN. Absolutely no idea what is going on.

Do you have a simple network with just a router, or are there access points or extenders involved?

Yeah just a simple network

I don't really expect this to make a difference,  but if you don't currently have a Sonos device connected by Ethernet to your router, would you try that?

I’ve connected one up. I’m all ears for any suggestions

I was hoping that that in itself might make the difference, although not with great optimism. There is clearly a problem somewhere in the path from controller to speakers, and I thought it was worth taking the WiFi to the speakers out of equation.