Answered

iPhone 6 Apple music is not routed to Sonos

• 20 March 2022
  • 2 replies

hi, 

I have iPhone 6 and wanted to connect to Sonos Five and AMP

Playing Sonos APP or Spotify :  I can play music from iPhone6 via Five or AMP. So, there is no issue.

However,,

Playing Apple music on iPhone6 : I cannot connect iPhone to Five not AMP.  Music is playing only in iPhone but it is not routed to Five or AMP.

Actually, this behavior is happened right after I newly installed Five in my home.

Before that, I am able to connect the iPhone6 Apple Music and AMP without any issue.

And when I try other iPhone Xr or iPad 12, I am able to connect my iPhone Apple Music and FIVE to play apple music. No issues.

So, seems like I cannot play music via iPhone6 Apple Music…. do you have any idea to solve?

I am sure the music data is downloaed in local. Only concern is the icon of Apple Music is different.

iPhone 6 Apple music icon is white background with red music note, while others’ icon is red background with white music note.

I guess the Apple music apps may be different??? This may cause the issues??

If someone knows, please give me some hints.

thanks

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 20 March 2022, 03:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Are you trying to AirPlay from the Apple Music app on the iPhone 6 to your Sonos speakers? What iOS version are you using on the iPhone 6? Have you tried rebooting your iPhone?

Guitar,,,, thank you for the response...Now it works, after rebooting. The only thing I did not do was “reboot”,,,  I should have done this before asking…. thank you and have a nice day.