Answered

IOS14 update & S2 and Apple music

• 23 September 2020
  • 8 replies

After upgrade I am not able to play Apple music neither on ipad or iphone...I get two errors; 1. An error occured  when adding song to que (1002) and 2. Could not play `songname` - connection to Apple music was lost.

I deleted the apple account and readded, same problem.

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by pbarker1235 5 October 2020, 13:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @eivlun.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post here outlining the issue, as well as the troubleshooting steps that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

Error 1002 occurs when one or more of your Sonos products fail to complete the update process. 

This error is most commonly seen when using a Sonos Bridge. 

Please refer to this support article for some common steps you can take to resolve this error.

If you’re getting an error message when adding a song to the queue, it is often caused by network communication problems, either between Sonos and your router or between Sonos and the internet.

You can check this article and follow the suggestions to resolve this error: Unable to add tracks to the queue

If the above advice was followed but the issue persists, please submit a diagnostic report, and reply with the confirmation number, I'd start by reviewing your system and see if there’s anything causing this issue.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to reach out.

I too am unable to stream an Apple Music playlist.  I get error - see picture attached.  Same result when running Sonos app from an Iphone 11 IOS14 and an IPad running IOS14.  There is no problem running playlists from Google Play.  Problem only presents itself when streaming Apple music.  Tried removing Apple Music stream from Sonos and re-adding the Apple Music streaming service with proper credentials - still same problem. Any ideas?

P.S.  The same Apple Music playlists stream properly from Apple Music when playing direct to the iphone speaker and direct to an ipad speaker. 

Same problem with me. It’s a recent troubleshooting with Apple Music exclusively. The only way I can listen to Apple Music is with airplay. 

Solution that worked to get streaming Apple Music was to unplug the Sonos Play 1 power cord from the 110v power outlet, wait 20 seconds and plug the SonosPlay 1 power cord back into the wall outlet. Then I searched my music services for App,e Music, selected a playlist stream and it worked - streaming from Apple Music    works okay now.

I am having the same issue with this, but when I removed AppleMusic from Sonos to try to see if adding it back would work I cannot even add the service back to Sonos.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @mtapho.

Thanks for reaching out and for your detailed post, I’d be glad to help.

To begin with, kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app when the issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system as well as the status of the devices, it will also help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I am having the same issue with this, but when I removed AppleMusic from Sonos to try to see if adding it back would work I cannot even add the service back to Sonos.

@mtapho did you manage to get Apple Music back? I’m having the same issue after changing my Apple ID password.

Sonos are blaming Apple and Apple are blaming Sonos, neither seem able to help.