Answered

IOS User trying to figure out Podcasts

• 29 August 2019
  • 2 replies

Hello Everyone. I am having some trouble and really could use some assistance. Up till recently I listened to my podcasts from a iPod. It died, and now I am learning how to do so via my phone. With the new changes regarding listening from your device, I am having trouble even locating where my podcasts are stored so I can listen to them through the Sonos ap. I read I should use the Tunein service, and I am trying to do so. My favorite podcast is of a musical theme, "All Songs Considered" (NPR), and I cannot locate it. But when I do a search on my computer for that podcast and Tunein it's easily accessed. I can find other NPR podcasts...just not this one. Anyone else a fan of All Songs Considered and have this problem? Note- I would use Airplay, but I am one of those dummies that bought 3 Play 1 speakers that are not capable of this ability.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Regards,

Al N.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 29 August 2019, 17:17

You may want to investigate Pocket Casts, which both has an iOS app, as well as integration into Sonos, which should allow you to play and sync across both your iPhone and Sonos.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi kwAL72

It seems you are aware that "Play from this iPhone or iPad" is no longer supported. I'm not a Podcast user but I would assume if the Podcast is downloaded to your iOS device the same applies as far as accessing them from it. My assumption would appear to be supported as you say you can still access them from your Computer which is not affected by changes to iOS devices.

Cheers!
You may want to investigate Pocket Casts, which both has an iOS app, as well as integration into Sonos, which should allow you to play and sync across both your iPhone and Sonos.