Question

iOS : "Unable to browse music" and "Error 1101" when updating

• 19 November 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge
Hi everyone,

First of all : all the problems described below don't exist on my Mac, they only come on my iPad AND iPhone (iOS 10.1.1, controller v. 6.4.8).

Since last sunday, I'm not able to :
  • Browse in a Music Service. When opening Spotify, for example, in the Menu, the message "Unable to browse music - there was a problem connecting to Spotify". Same for Apple Music, TuneIn, etc. [img]b554571b-5963-45a6-8798-354acfb1edaa.png[/img]
  • Add a Music Service : the list of services appears, and when i click on "Add to Sonos", the error "Check your wireless connection" appears. [img]94bc31cc-6d48-4f97-afe0-4ff904a5a36e.png[/img]
  • Online Update the system : with Error code 1101

Access to Sonos Favorites works, and from there, I'm able to play music from Spotify or webradios from TuneIn.

What I already tried :
  • Uninstall and install the App
  • Reset the Controller
  • Factory reset of the entire Sonos system
without success.

Since it works on my Mac, and not on both iDevices, I'm a bit lost, don't know what to try to get functionality back. :(

Thanks for all answers,
Adrien

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I have the exact same issue. My wife has an older iPhone 5 and she does not have this problem.
Same problem here. Works on Mac, does not work on my Iphone7 or wifes Iphone 6s
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hey guys, we're working on an issue with iOS 10 devices and certain ISPs/DNSs. Take a look here for some more details and a solution if it fits your situation.