Question

iOS Sonos controller always loses connection

• 2 January 2019
  • 0 replies

Got two sonos play 1s in a stereo pair and a sub. One of the play 1s are connected by Ethernet as a boost setup. Main use is using Spotify app through iOS device.

Spotify runs well, and no problems, but every week or so my sonos controller can’t find the system. It’s ironic that a third party software has no issues but the sonos app does. It used to be the case that I could just uninstall and reinstall the sonos app, but that no longer works. I connect to existing system, it says success, but then system not found. I have to setup the whole system again to get it working which is a real pain.

I have had two different routers in the past year, and it has had the exact same problem with both.

My wife’s phone has no issue (iPhone 7plus), but my iPhone X causes these issues.

Anyone have any ideas? I was warned off sonos for these issues and I ignored the warnings, but I’m starting to regret it. This has been an onrunning issue for a year.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.