Answered

ios device not working with sonos after uodate

• 24 September 2019
  • 6 replies

Hi I really loved my Sonos set up I own a
play 1
play 3
play 5
the problem is after a iOS update none of my speakers are working I used to listen to radio stations & my playlist that I downloaded from a third party site it was the best thing until this now I have three speakers that are useless and they where expensive when I purchased them they fone the job at the time but now wrendered useless!
icon

Best answer by jgatie 25 September 2019, 14:32

Connection problems which appear suddenly are often caused by network problems, not Sonos problems. The typical cause is duplicate IP addresses. These often show up after an update or power outage because a reboot requires the device to request a new IP, and the router, having lost track of current IP assignments, issues a new IP that is in use by another device. To cure this, do the following:

Reboot/power cycle your devices in the following order:

Modem
Router
Switches or hubs
Wired Sonos units
Wireless Sonos units
Computers/printers
Wireless devices - phones/tablets etc.

Allow each device to come back up before proceeding to the next. Note that you can permanently prevent duplicate IP addresses by assigning an IP to each device's MAC address in the router setup. See your router manual for details.
View original

6 replies

That's odd. I'm not having that issue with any of the three devices with iOS that I've got.

I've got several PLAY:1s, a pair of PLAY:3s, and a pair of PLAY:5s, along with several other devices.

All my iOS devices are running 13.1 as of today. My iPhone certainly worked before today with iOS 13.0

Can you be more specific about how your speakers aren't playing? What is the source of the music? Are the speakers showing up in your controller? Where did you download this "playlist"?
Hi my playlist is one that I made up myself downloaded from YouTube and transferred to my iPhone X nothing is showing at all on the Sonos app then I was reading that apple have removed certain speakers and now can’t airplay to any speaker
Userlevel 6
Badge +15
Changes that Apple have implemented means that Sonos can no longer support the playing of music from iPhone to the older Sonos speakers. I assume that might be your problem?

https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/on-this-iphone-or-ipad-no-longer-available-6829000
Hi I really loved my Sonos set up I own a
play 1
play 3
play 5
the problem is after a iOS update none of my speakers are working I used to listen to radio stations & my playlist that I downloaded from a third party site it was the best thing until this now I have three speakers that are useless and they where expensive when I purchased them they fone the job at the time but now wrendered useless!

Hi folks - I have a Play:5, Play:1 and Sonos One and all are no longer recognised by my sonos app following the iOS 13 installation. My iPad running 12.x is working fine which tells me it isn’t my network or my device but the operating system no longer playing nice with the application. Any other s with the same situation and any fix being planned?

Thanks in advance.
Mike.
Connection problems which appear suddenly are often caused by network problems, not Sonos problems. The typical cause is duplicate IP addresses. These often show up after an update or power outage because a reboot requires the device to request a new IP, and the router, having lost track of current IP assignments, issues a new IP that is in use by another device. To cure this, do the following:

Reboot/power cycle your devices in the following order:

Modem
Router
Switches or hubs
Wired Sonos units
Wireless Sonos units
Computers/printers
Wireless devices - phones/tablets etc.

Allow each device to come back up before proceeding to the next. Note that you can permanently prevent duplicate IP addresses by assigning an IP to each device's MAC address in the router setup. See your router manual for details.
That did solve the problem - thank you. The only reason I didn't try the modem/router restart initially is that it was working on one device connected to the same network, but not the other. Thanks for your advice.