Question

iOS apps prompt for update when no update is required

• 3 December 2016
  • 3 replies

My iOS apps (iPhone and iPad) prompt me to update my Sonos app about once per day. However, when I proceed with the update I get a message that no update is available. This seemed to start happening after I joined the beta program, although I can't be certain there is a correlation. Has anyone seen this issue?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

As described in all beta correspondence, due to Apple requirements, iOS devices are not included in public betas:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3354/kw/Ios%20beta
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
My iOS apps (iPhone and iPad) prompt me to update my Sonos app about once per day. However, when I proceed with the update I get a message that no update is available. This seemed to start happening after I joined the beta program, although I can't be certain there is a correlation. Has anyone seen this issue?

Hi BickeringSumo,

This is happening because we do not have a beta app for iOS controllers. You can use the beta with an Android or computer controller without issue. If you only use your iOS controllers I can help you leave the beta program so you no longer get the update messages. If you'd like to leave the beta, please send me a direct message and I'll help you do so.
Thank you for the response. I also have a PC controller and I would like to remain in the beta program. It is only a minor inconvenience.