Answered

IOS app not finding system

• 31 May 2020
  • 1 reply

I have two Sonos ones and they’re a great speaker. However around 50% of the time my Sonos app can’t find them on my WiFi and neither can my deezer app. 

I understand the main fix is two reboot the WiFi and the Sonos system which in fairness does work in most instances. However, I don’t feel it’s reasonable to expect a full WiFi reboot every other time you want to listen to music.

does anyone have any suggestions for a permanent fix? 

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by John G 6 June 2020, 23:16

@pat m-j Thank you for reaching out to us here and welcome to the Sonos Community. I understand you are running into connectivity issues for your Sonos products on your wifi network. Anything we discuss would be a guessing game unless we know more about your wifi network configuration. We will need your full network topology with the model names and numbers of the products that are wired or wirelessly connected on your network for any modem, router(s), extenders, access points or switches (managed or unmanaged). We would also want to see a diagnostic report number from your Sonos system.

As a test, are you able to keep one of your Sonos products Ethernet wired to the router and not an extender or POE product? If yes, wire one Sonos product to the router then re-boot the non-wired Sonos product(s) off/on for 15 seconds. You can then test music playback for 30+ minutes and follow up here with a second diagnostic report number after this test.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

@pat m-j Thank you for reaching out to us here and welcome to the Sonos Community. I understand you are running into connectivity issues for your Sonos products on your wifi network. Anything we discuss would be a guessing game unless we know more about your wifi network configuration. We will need your full network topology with the model names and numbers of the products that are wired or wirelessly connected on your network for any modem, router(s), extenders, access points or switches (managed or unmanaged). We would also want to see a diagnostic report number from your Sonos system.

As a test, are you able to keep one of your Sonos products Ethernet wired to the router and not an extender or POE product? If yes, wire one Sonos product to the router then re-boot the non-wired Sonos product(s) off/on for 15 seconds. You can then test music playback for 30+ minutes and follow up here with a second diagnostic report number after this test.