Question

interrupted music

• 8 December 2016
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
I have connected the analog audio of my TV to my Sonos Amp. Audio is perfectly transmitted to the Amp-connected speakers. But the Play:3 audio (which is in my set-up) is interrupted / no continuous stream.

If I play from the Sonos app everything works perfect (speakers @ Sonos Amp AND also Play:3 play perfect) , no interruption of the stream.

Any idea?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

OK, took me a couple of reads to understand this. I think you're saying that you have a Connect: Amp that is driving a pair of speakers, as well as a Play:3. And that your TV is connected to the Connect: Amp. Please correct me if I've misunderstood this.

You're saying that playing normal content (streaming from the internet) works fine on all speakers, but playing the TV input plays correctly on the speakers connected to the Connect: Amp, but not to the Play:3?

If that's the case, I'd be concerned about the data stream coming in to the Connect: Amp. I've seen many cases discussed here regarding changing the line input from "regular" (?) to compressed, which seems to addressed some issues. I'm guessing at that, since you're saying it's only the Play:3 which is dropping out. How is the Play:3 connected? Is it wired to your router, or is it connected to your wifi? And is your Connect: Amp wired to your router, or is it also on wifi?

If that doesn't work, then I would recommend running a diagnostic within 10 minutes of that dropout, and then posting the diagnostic number here, so that a Sonos rep can have a closer look at your system.