internitent broken sound

• 6 February 2022
  • 4 replies

I have a problem which happens every few days. The sound becomes ‘broken up’ and jerky - like using a microphone that’s not connected properly, so we get every other word, something like that. If I change to a different tv channel, it’s fine, then go back to the original channel, and that’s fine too. So it’s an easy fix but so annoying!!! The other day I came in the room with the tv on and the sound was just stuck on like an ‘echo’ - sort of ‘pay pay pah pah pah…..’ very rapidly. Like feedback I guess. I turned off/on and it was fine again.

why so many issues with a premier product that is not cheap.

My Arc is connected to my Samsung Neo QLED TV via a Smart Connect box using the e Arc port.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I’m sure someone will give some helpful advice soon: it prob relates to the eARC connection, I suspect. But why assume it’s the Sonos device rather than the TV or the Smart Connect box?

Hi and thanks for the reply. I am looking into the TV and Smart connect as a cause of the problem, but thought I’d check out the Sonos community too in case anyone else had had the same problem and found the cause. Dr Vock.

Quick update. Whilst watching TV, the Sonos Arc stopped completely. No sound. Changed TV channels, switched off/on…..nothing. Switched to sound from TV speakers and it’s fine. This isn’t the first time the Sonos has self-muted. I’ve disconnected it now and will contact Sonos support for advice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Have you tried powering off the tv and connect box too? 

You still seem to be assuming it’s the Arc. 

Can you stream music to the Arc?