Question

Internet Radio Stops playing frequently

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

61 replies

Thanks ratty,

Just to clarify, I followed the installation instructions for Beta 6.0 and removed all of My Radio Stations and I reset my alarm settings. When I first selected a BBC music stream after install I did notice an improvement in sound quality. I left the BBC stream playing but within an hour the stream had terminated. Although discouraged by this, I left the new alarms setup but over the next two days the alarm triggered but the sound stream terminated after just a few minutes of playing. At this point I uninstalled the Beta and looked for a different radio station for my alarm.

I hope that Sonos do get the BBC internet radio working reliably. May be Beta 6.0 is an improvement for other users but unfortunately it was not for me.
In case the invisible answer-poster hasn't noticed: Sonos has NOT replied with a suitable fix. There are MANY people who have the streaming radio dropping problem and MANY of them are not trying to listen to BBC radio. In our house, we simply want to listen to talk radio on iHeart, on a very fast Comcast cable internet connection, and it is clear that it drops FREQUENTLY on Saturday mornings and rarely drops at all on weekday mornings. So, I think that it is an issue with neighborhood bandwidth and/or Sonos buffering. Our play ALWAYS resumes if we just hit the play button on a controller. Therefore, I don't know why Sonos just doesn't provide an auto-reconnect feature.

C'MON SONOS REPLY WITH A SUITABLE FIX FOR THIS.... THERE MUST BE A THOUSAND PEOPLE THAT HAVE THE SAME ISSUE THAT HAVE READ THIS AND NOT COMMENTED AND THERE MUST BE ANOTHER FEW THOUSAND THAT ARE LIVING WITH THE PROBLEM AND BUT HAVEN'T MADE IT TO THESE PAGES....

They have already replied with a suitable fix, so there is not need for the melodrama or the shouting:

https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/bbc-radio-hls-now-available-public-beta-6732039
I started getting this problem a couple of days ago. I have the latest 6.3.2 Sonos version and I have tried deleting and re-saving the radio channels. I still get intermittent radio. Any suggestions?
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
I started getting this problem a couple of days ago. I have the latest 6.3.2 Sonos version and I have tried deleting and re-saving the radio channels. I still get intermittent radio. Any suggestions?
Hi Beech, please send a diagnostics within 10 minutes of such a drop out, and reply with the confirmation number: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142
I'm having similar problems with I Heart Radio over Sonos. I'm not getting the same issues with Tune-In, that seems to be fine, as is SiriusXM, So I've ruled out any Internet connectivity issues. Additionally, I Heart Radio over my laptop seems to work consistently without dropping out. So it seems to be a problem with I Heart Radio over Sonos only.
Diagnostics confirmation #: 7401873
Hi geldankat, welcome to the Community.

Are there specific iHeart stations that are cutting out for you, or are you hearing interruptions regardless of the station?
Hi Nico, I tried a number of different stations and seemed to encounter the same issue with all of them.
Thanks for checking. We just received word from our music services group that there's a minor outage occurring with iHeart. We're working on a solution with the iHeart engineers. No ETA at this time.
OK, thanks for the update. For what it's worth, there has been no improvement so far today. It's still cutting in and out.
Tunein Radio stops playing after 20 minutes. Internet radio stations do not play. Changed channels to channel 11 for Sonos and channel 1 for router.
Also been having these radio drop outs - resetting everything doesn't seem to help - just patience and try about 10 mins later - getting very frustrating