Question

Internet Radio Stops playing frequently

Tunein Radio stops playing after 20 minutes. Internet radio stations do not play. Changed channels to channel 11 for Sonos and channel 1 for router.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

61 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
Hello Gregory, Are you able to use other sources on Sonos when you cannot stream the radio? Is this happening when you try and play one station or you select any station from the list in Sonos? The next time the radio stops over Sonos use the attached instructions to run a diagnostic please. Try and run the diagnostic within 5 minutes of the audio stopping. Respond with the confirmation number for the diagnostic. Answer Title: Submit System Diagnostics Answer Link: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142
I have the same problem. I changed my Sonos system to Channel 11 and my router to Channel 6. I have 5 Connect Amps, a Playbar, 2 Play 3 speakers and a Sub in my house. I cannot continually play Tunein Radio on any of my system. All other sources work all the time.
i have the same problem... some radio station just stop playing. This isn't a cutting out problem... they just stop. and i can get the playing again by hitting play on the controller. i have submitted diagnostics (Your confirmation number is: 3074090.) i too have tried 1, 6, and 11 on my sonos player.
I have the same problem as well. My wife and I are getting frustrated as hell.
Same problem. This worked well until this week and nothing else has changed.
Same here - after a period of ordinary play, my Tune-in radio stations start to stutter until it becomes un-listenable and I have to switch to plan b....
After struggling for a couple of weeks with this issue, resetting every device, disconnecting, changing channels and just about everything that I could think of, we had a large electrical storm the other day, during which the power flicked several times in the house. It seems crazy, but the next day, we seem to have had our problem cured. I hate it when this kind of cure happens, but will take the fix! I guess that I can return the new router that I ordered....
it happens to me all the time.  really annoying
mine will also lose the 2 components and I have to reset them
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
I periodically have the same problem. I was assuming it was a problem with the radio app itself.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
For the last cople of days, I've been getting lots of drops from the tunein radio function on sonos as well. To trouble shoot, I also ran it from my pc directly, which is hard wired. That dropped also. It seems to be a tunein issue, since all the rest of my internet (video) streaming is ok
i have had this a lot changed the channels then i opted for Spotify Premium thinking it was the radio, im still getting it drop out it is very annoying and very frustrating!!
sorry that you all have this problem as i also experience buffering on internet radio wish they had a solution posted and it worked nothing lie beating around the bush and not getting satisfactory remedies
Userlevel 2
Same problem here. It seems to have gotten worse with the last few releases of the software.
Userlevel 2
I just tried out a New Apple Airport Extreme and have the same crappy problems.  It's not my internet connection as I have been connected all day working on a remote server.  The radio stations cut in and out.  This morning I couldn't connect to a radio station.  

confirmation number is: 3364836.
Userlevel 2
I just tried out a New Apple Airport Extreme and have the same crappy problems.  It's not my internet connection as I have been connected all day working on a remote server.  The radio stations cut in and out.  This morning I couldn't connect to a radio station.  

confirmation number is: 3364836.
I solved the problem. the issue seemed to be that sonos does not like to be connected to the router via an access point. I connected the bridge directly to the router and it works fine. looks like the buffering is too short and it is too sensible to little slowness on the network.
Same here. Submitted 3392739
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
The problem seems to be intermittent for me. About a month ago, I had lots of internet radio drops. No other streaming services were effected, and internal itunes access was fine as well. One day it resolved. I have no idea why. I suspect its an issue on the Tunein radio server side of things, and not Sonos. 
Wanted to add my own comment. Have had Sonos kit for 4 years and suffered from radio 'stuttering' and drop out throughout that period. Interesting suggestion that problem could be Tune In related. That seems a viable possibility to me. Is there an alternative available to Tune In?
I had the exact same issue and it was also doing it when streaming from my music library. When I submitted this issue to the tech guys, they told me to move my bridge at least 1 metre away from the router. That seems to have solved the issue for me at least for now! Seems that the wireless from the router must be interfering somehow.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
We have had the same issue for a few months. We moved the router a meter away from the ZP90 and it still happens. It's pretty much impossible to listen to TuneIn more than 5-10 minutes at a time.
I am having exactly the same problem.  "connection to TuneIn was lost"  #3590376 
this is so frustrating.  I've had my sonos players for 8 years and have never had this problem before.  for the last 4-6 weeks my radio drops out 50x times a day,  SONOS WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP ME?  is there an alternative to tunein?
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Have you notified tunein. When I had the same problem a while back and notified tunein it cleared up. They sometimes have server problems.
Same problem here. I don't use the sonos bridge and I have the Connect Amp and one Play 1 directly connected on the router. Playing radio stops when network connection is not perfect. Seems really a problem of buffer since as soon as I push on the play 1 button, radio playing restarts.

Dear SONOS developers, it seems that this problem lasts since a sufficiently long time now for you to write a bug fix, or at least let us adjust the buffer size in parameters.