Answered

Internet connectivity issues

• 25 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Are there any tips how to improve my Sonos connectivity? I have a play 5 and two Ones (stereo pair) in the lounge and a One in the kitchen.

My internet is terrible and am forever losing connectivity to the different products.

Any ideas will be much appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 25 January 2021, 12:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Yes perhaps see if this helps to improve things for you…

1. Set the routers 2.4Ghz WiFi channel to ‘fixed’ channel 1, 6 or 11 & set the channel-width to 20MHz
  2. If the above doesn’t help, then Wire just one Sonos device direct to your router. Then go into the Sonos App and do the following two things:
  • Goto “Settings/System/Network” and set the SonosNet channel so that it is at least 5 channels away from your chosen router channel in Step 1 above.
  • Whist in the Network Settings in the Sonos App, goto ‘Wireless Setup’ and reset/remove your routers WiFi credentials, as these are not required when running your system with one Sonos device wired to the router

See if that then improves your Sonos connectivity - if not, go back and try a different Router-WiFi/SonosNet channel, but always keep the two at least 5 channels apart.

Hi Ken,

Many thanks for your help with this.

I opted for the direct ethernet cable into the play 5 and followed your instructions.

and so far so good :)

Lets see how it goes as my internet is very intermittent.

Best regards,

Antony