Question

Internet connection failure, errors, etc.

• 16 March 2019
  • 4 replies

My system has been working fine for 2 1/2 years. Suddenly I am unable to get updates or stream music and I’m receiving error codes. Local sources continue to play such as the television or music on my phone. I tried to disconnect Pandora and now I am unable to re-activate now. I have already followed all the guidance on rebooting my Internet router and my speakers-I’ll 12 of them. I have also tried to manage the music services and Sonos from all phones in the household as well as my Mac.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

What error codes are you getting?

Did you have the speakers unplugged while you rebooted the router?

Have you tried to submit a system diagnostic ? , If so, you should either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
I get a 701 error when I try to play Apple Music (streaming). And I get an 1101 when I tried to play pandora. When I try to manually update I get a generic ‘unable to update’ message.
When I try to submit a diagnostic; the app acts like it cannot connect to the internet. Just like trying to update.
Have you checked those error codes against the error code FAQ? Hmmm, 701 isn't even listed. 1101 lends credence to this next paragraph.

I'm wondering if there's some sort of firewall program that's blocking the ability for the Sonos to reach certain places outside, such as the update server, the diagnostic server, and Apple Music. Do you have any such applications running? Might be worth reading the Firewall FAQ as well.

The forum folks have likely gone for the weekend, but you could contact Sonos' 24/7 support on Twitter, if you'd prefer help from them directly. They probably have better specific knowledge than I can provide, especially if we're talking about a firewall/virus program getting in the way.