Answered

Intermitting Echoing while watch TV and listening through Playbar and Surround speakers

I have had an existing surround system ( Playbar, Surrounds and Sub) running with a Samsung TV and noticed that the sound was moving from normal soundbar audio to audio that would move to surrounds and echoing sound - This would be intermittent for 10 sec and switch back - Then repeat randomly. 

As indicated the system was operating fine for years and this is the first echoing issue I have had - 

Not sure what would cause this .

I also sent a diagnostic last night 

icon

Best answer by Madenovellis 23 May 2020, 21:57

Thanks

it is only with the tv. It randomly was switching from sound bar to surrounds and surround echoing. Then switch to bar and sound was fine. 

it has been operating fine over the last few days after rebooting and retuning with true play.

not sure what caused it or solved it

View original

5 replies

Might be helpful, if you’re expecting help from the Sonos community moderators, to post the number of that diagnostic here.

ok thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi @Madenovellis, and welcome to the Community.I understand that you are experiencing an echo. I did not see anything wrong in the diagnostic. Does this happen with music as well as the TV? 

And if I am understanding this correctly, the surrounds are out of sync with the Playbar, correct?

Is the audio in sync with the video?

Thanks

it is only with the tv. It randomly was switching from sound bar to surrounds and surround echoing. Then switch to bar and sound was fine. 

it has been operating fine over the last few days after rebooting and retuning with true play.

not sure what caused it or solved it

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

That is strange. I am glad to hear that the issue seems to have resolved itself. If the issue does return, please feel free to let me know and we can continue troubleshooting.