Question

Intermittent no audio with PLAYBAR and Roku 3

• 17 September 2015
  • 3 replies

Badge
PLAYBAR + SUB (v 5.4)
Roku 3 - 6.2 - HDMI connected directly to TV, audio set to Auto-Detect
Samsung UN55HU8550 with optical audio out

Intermittently, perhaps every other day, I lose the audio on my Roku 3. Video works fine, just no audio. It's not muted and the volume controls on my remote cause the PLAYBAR LED to flash as if it's receiving a signal, however, no sound. Rebooting the Roku fixes the issue 100% of the time, however, this is getting annoying. Any ideas of what to check?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
PLAYBAR + SUB (v 5.4)
Roku 3 - 6.2 - HDMI connected directly to TV, audio set to Auto-Detect
Samsung UN55HU8550 with optical audio out

Intermittently, perhaps every other day, I lose the audio on my Roku 3. Video works fine, just no audio. It's not muted and the volume controls on my remote cause the PLAYBAR LED to flash as if it's receiving a signal, however, no sound. Rebooting the Roku fixes the issue 100% of the time, however, this is getting annoying. Any ideas of what to check?

Hi Tim, do you experience this with every service within Roku? Just want to know whether it happens, say when using Netflix only or using other services as well? Also, send a diagnostic next time it happens and reply here with your confirmation number.
I just set up my Playbar with this configuration, all devices with HDMI-out into a Monoprice HDX-401TA. The HDMI-out from the Monoprice goes into the television and the optical cable goes into the Playbar. My Roku-3 is experiencing the same issue. What I did to fix, at least what I think I did to fix was to change the settings on the Roku-3 from Auto to Dobly - DTS. I will have to continue troubleshooting to see if this fixed the issue but it was working as of yesterday. If this was the fix, I'd really like to understand why this is happening. Hope this helps.

Tom
Just upgraded to the Roku premier. Same issue. Needed to set the Roku to Dolby - DTS before there was any audio. Apple TV works fine.