Question

Intermittent distortion.

• 22 September 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Diagnostic : 1462913809

Randomly I get a sound like radio with no signal, white noise, loud for a second or so, happens with YouTube Music and Amazon Music, so I don’t think it’s service related.

I saw something about possible wifi issues, but that seems to be the blame for everything, surely it should be buffering, and this has only started happening recently.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @rbrown, thanks for reaching out and on submitting a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Upon checking, I see one issue which it states that Error (Abort: Incorrect Mode) on the HDMI Arc of the Beam. If you can try to unplug the HDMI Arc cable for 1-2 minutes and plug it back in. and check for the output source oft he TV if it is on the correct one. If the issue still persists, Please let us know. 

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi, sorry I should have elaborated, this happens on both my Beam and my Play device

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @rbrown, thanks for the update. About this concern, Have you tried to do the troubleshooting steps that I mentioned above? and after doing so, kindy resubmit a diagnostic report to check for any difference after doing those steps. 

Let me know your thoughts with the advice above.
We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Sorry for the delay Simon, after doing this I didn’t hear the sound for a while (that I noticed) but this morning it did it twice in the space of a couple of songs.  The sound is like very loud white noise distortion.

Diagnostic from about 1 min after the second time : 908070687

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @rbrown, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report. Sorry to hear that the issue persists. Upon checking, I saw an error on the Beam, Error (Abort: Incorrect Mode) on the HDMI Arc status. Kindly unplug it for 1-2 minutes and then check the TV source if you are on the right source.

Let me know your thoughts on the advice above.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @rbrown, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report. Sorry to hear that the issue persists. Upon checking, I saw an error on the Beam, Error (Abort: Incorrect Mode) on the HDMI Arc status. Kindly unplug it for 1-2 minutes and then check the TV source if you are on the right source.

Let me know your thoughts on the advice above.

Hi Simon,

You already asked me to do that which I did.  FYI the distortion sound occurred on the downstairs kitchen Sonos 1, not the Beam.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @rbrown, thanks for the update. I rechecked the diagnostic information on both speakers. It doesn’t show any issue on the Sonos One. We need to take this further. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. They may need to ask some other troubleshooting steps and give other options about this issue. 

Keep me in the know with the advice above. 

We're here to answer any further questions you have.