Integration

• 17 January 2018
  • 4 replies

I have Sonos Connect, and a Russound CAV6.6 (multi-zone) and a Marantz SR5001 receiver. I can get Sonos to play on Marantz (by using RCA to connect to VCR-in), but can't get any music out of Russound. I've connected Marantz to Russound via an RCA cable from Marantz VCR-out to Russound VCR audio in, but no success. Suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Instead of trying to daisy chain via the Marantz.

Why don't you use the digital out from the Connect to the Marantz digital input. Then run the RCA analog out from the connect to the Russound. That way your not reliant on the Marantz passing through properly and you can independently have on the Russound or Marantz without them effecting each other.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Also on the Russound I assume you know to connect to one of the Audio In on the right hand side of the Amplifier
Thanks, Rock Star Chris. Smart idea, but I still don't get anything out of Russound (FYI, the CD player works fine through Russound). I have an optical running from Sonos to Marantz, but it doesn't seem to do anything. The RCA from Sonos to Marantz VCR-in seems to still work, but I'm going crazy trying to get Russound to work for my Sonos.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Should work just fine. I think you have numbered inputs where your CD player is hooked up. So your plugging the connect via RCA in there - then of course from the front you have to switch input to the input you hooked to.

I mean if you have CD player working on the Russound - unplugging the cd cable and plugging in the connect cables it should work just like the CD player does.