Welcome to Troubleshooting

Having trouble with your Sonos system in any way? Ask your questions here. The more detail you can provide, the better.

24168 Topics

New One ticking
Answered

Hi, i have bought a new One today to creat a stereo pair and the new speaker appears to 'tick' out of time with the beat. It seems to be syncronised ok but there is a definite odd sound coming from th...

Can't stop radio playing
Answered

Switched to Vigin Radio from Radio 2 this morning and it's constantly stopping and starting. After getting totally fed-up with it, I can't get it to stop either through Alexa or even pressing the paus...

Connection to Plex server lost
Question

Hello, Every now and then (quite often) my Sonos stops on all speakers ( Connect and 2x Play1 ) and the message then is: can't play "so and so" song, connection to Plex server is lost. The Plex Media...

Support please on Spotify and BBC Radio playback stopping after a few minues
Answered

Hi, I have a SONOS system that has had consistent trouble with playback from Spotify and BBC radio. Sometimes it will work fine for a number of hours, other times it will stop after a few minutes. My...

Unable to play [radio stream] the song is not encoded correctly
Question

Hi, been trying to play multiple radio streams and get the same error - Unable to pay[radio stream] the song is not encoded correctly. I read wifi interference may be an issue so scanned networkand ch...

Airplay stopped working with my Sonos One setup

I can usually throw a podcast from my iPhone to my Sonos One set up. I start by playing it in the living room and then adding the bedroom in the kitchen so that is playing all over the house. But ri...

All Sonos speakers stopped working
Answered

From one day to the next, all of my Sonos speakers stopped working. I tried to play one of my stations on Pandora using the app on my phone, with no luck. All speakers have the green light on and appe...

Not sure where to start with AirPlay issues, undefined devices, general setup
Question

I am new to Sonos as of this month (Jan 2019) and am so confused. I wanted to give my two sons each a smart speaker that sounded better than Echo. I currently have 1 Beam and 1 Sonos One speaker and 2...

One of my rooms has disappeared from the app

I have two play 1 speakers, one in the lounge and one in the dining room, the dining room has disappeared from the app, I’ve tried to add the speaker again, both wirelessly and connected to the router...

Adding Play-1 to my beam

Just bought the beam and it sounds amazing. I have a sonos play-1 in another room, I want to set them up to be able to play music between the two of them but I do not want it to be the surround sound...

Turntable produces no or low volume no or low volume on Sonos 5 line-in connection
Answered

I have an AT LP-120, which I understand has a pre-amp. I want to hook it up to my sonos 5 via the line in. With the switch set to line out on the turntable, and the sonos five showing a line in connec...

netflix 5.1 audio dropouts sonos beam

hi there - I keep getting momentary audio dropouts when watching netflix with Dolby 5.1 selected. it will just last a half second, audio cuts out, then returns. also experiencing lip sync. all goes...

One of my Playbar stops sound output and a power reset does fix it.
Question

I have 2 playbars and sub setups on different TV's, both Samsung. Only 1 has the following issues Stops after a long continuous use of mainly streaming (foxtel, Netflix, Stan) stuff but could also be...

Sonos PlayBar -> Solid White Light
Question

Hello Support, A months ago, I had bought a Sonos Playbar. It worked for 2 days and the suddenly stopped while listening to Spotify. A solid white light came in and never go away. I read this commu...

My Sonos keeps cutting off songs before the end

Since the latest software download, my Sonos system will not play a single song to the end - they cut off about two thirds of the way through

There is no "Add a Player of SUB" in Manage on my PC System

I have a Sonos system and just purchased a new Play:5 to go with my other 3 "older" Play:5s, a Play:3 and a Play:1. The instructions say "select Manage > Add a Player or SUB" since I am using a PC. Th...

Setting Max Volume or Gain On Sonos Amp
Answered

Hello, New member here and first post. I have had a vintage Mcintosh amp hooked up to a connect for some time and love the Sonos experience. My Mcintosh amp keeps acting up and I’m considering...

Sonos speaker still not found by controller
Answered

I've rebooted several times - gone through white and amber flashing lights to get to green flashing light - but still the speaker is not found by my contoller. I've switched wifi on and off too. Event...

Power cable to bridge died, replaced bridge, lost all my stuff
Question

DX#: 845191947 Bridge stopped working, turned out to be power cable, but put a new bridge in and lost all my settings, speakers, playlists, stations, everything, had to start from scratch. Is there a...

Random Starts

My SONOS connect.amp in the bedroom randomly starts playing music, no one is playing music. The first time i noticed it I cleared the queue, the next time I noticed it occur it was playing spotify. I...

Music skipping when playing from iPhone

Hi, I know there are loads of threads about this, but wasn't sure whether to piggy back one of them or start a new thread. Sorry if this is bad etiquette. Brief summary: Since I bought some new Sono...

Sonos cutting out

Why does my sonos keep cutting out / dropping devices? 2055058721 Diagnostic nimber

Sonos App controls no longer appear on your lock screen

After updating to 9.0 on iOS, I am getting the message "Sonos App controls no longer appear on your lock screen" on all my updated devices. The lock screen controls stopped working on all my controlle...

Music stops
Question

I have had a Sonos Play 1 for a few years that works fine so bought my daughter one for Christmas. Her Sonos Play 1 keeps stopping so what can I do?

Apple Music Not Connecting or Stops Playing Through Remote
Answered

In the last week, Apple Music has either been starting/stopping in the middle of songs or errors show up on controller app that songs can not be added to queue or that Sonos can not connect to Apple M...

Badges

View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings