Question

impossible to read (xxx) impossible because the server was not found.

• 11 September 2019
  • 4 replies

After reinstalling the sonos application on my PC, I add my music directory, everything works, the next day, nothing except (impossible to read (xxx) impossible because the server was not found.)

So I reinstall the application sonos on my computer pc, delete the music directory, and add my music directory again , everything works, the next day, nothing. excpet (impossible to read (xxx) impossible because the server was not found.)

again again again day after day.

I was already furious that you have removed the ability to listen to my music from my iphone, and now your pc application is still crashing. I'm starting to look for another company.

4 replies

And i stop my screensaver juste to let you know.
When you say "PC", do you mean a windows machine?

I'm guessing there's some sort of update going on nightly, perhaps to a firewall application, that's blocking the ability for the speakers to reach the HD where you've stored the music. Deleting the application and reinstalling it would reset the connection, so it would start working again, until the update to the firewall application (and this is all speculation, mind you, but the only thing that makes sense).

Can I recommend that you submit a system diagnostic after losing access to the library, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos Support to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

It said my library is not on, but my library is on the same place than sono software

Yes windows machine.
Seem impossible because i only see this message the day after. i'll try to traduct.

Mardi, 10 Septembre 2019 - 10:29 PM Est
Impossible to connect to Sonos.

Mardi, 10 Septembre 2019 - 10:45 PM Est
Impossible to read « Linda Música Chinesa - Flauta de Bambu.mp3 » - connexion to //DESKTOP-FMRJAMG/Music impossible because the server was not found. (message in the log)

i see this message every day after it work, each time i have to uninstall and reinstall it work 1 day and i have to do it again.

I would still recommend calling Sonos support.

You also may find more support here: https://fr.community.sonos.com