Answered

im really quite angry about this

Hello, 

my Sonos system, purchased in 2017 and comprising a play 3 and two play 1s, needs to be reset and router likewise each and every time I want to listen to music.

This is unbelievably frustrating - I have heard charges of so called ‘planned obsolescence’ levelled against Sonos.

I hope this is not the case, I would like an explanation however 

thanks 

icon

Best answer by controlav 17 April 2021, 14:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

You are experiencing wireless interference. I presume you are running the system over WiFi or is either the Play:3 or one of the Play:1 (is it a stereo pair?) wired to the router? What’s the make/model of the router? Do you have any wireless range extenders or powerlines in use?

I have run it over WiFi since purchase with no problems 

Until now

Once again, what’s the make/model of the router? Do you have any wireless range extenders or powerlines in use? If 'Auto channel' is enabled in your router, then disable it and set a specific channel, either 1, 6 or 11.

BT Homehub (the newest one) fibre line straight into building - no extenders or power lines. Dont understand the channels comment 

Is this the BT2 device that there are already several threads about? 

From what I can tell by reading these threads, BT pushed out a firmware update that broke many user’s connection to Sonos. Sonos has already stated in one or several of the threads that they’re talking with BT about it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The BT Smart Hub 2 has issues with Sonos. Can you add a proper router and daisy chain to it instead?

I don’t work in IT I’m afraid, the only daisy chains I’m familiar with are to be found at the Glastonbury fayre - I’m going to run a telephone cable from the BT box into the back of the larger speaker and see if that puts it in it’s place - thanks all for the advice 

I’m going to run a telephone cable from the BT box into the back of the larger speaker and see if that puts it in it’s place

Ethernet (network) cable, not a telephone cable. The latter might go into the sockets but it won’t work correctly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I don’t work in IT I’m afraid, the only daisy chains I’m familiar with are to be found at the Glastonbury fayre - I’m going to run a telephone cable from the BT box into the back of the larger speaker and see if that puts it in it’s place - thanks all for the advice 

The recommendation for the BT Smart Hub problem is to turn off the 5GHz radio on the router, until BT get their act together.