Answered

iHeartRadio 'My Favorites Radio' missing from My Stations

• 14 August 2017
  • 5 replies

I have recently set up iHeartRadio on my Sonos system (Pandora was canned in OZ).
The issue I am having is that the station known as 'My Favourites Radio', which is basically a compilation of "Thumbs-up" songs, can't be found among my stations in the Sonos controller.

Using the IHeartRadio web interface or the smartphone app it can be found under 'My Stations', but I can't seem to find it when using the Sonos controller. I have tried to add other stations to 'My Stations' and they show up under 'Favourites' in the iHeart service inside the Sonos controller, but I still cannot see the 'My Favourites Radio' anywhere.

Has anyone successfully located it and can give me a hint on how to access it on Sonos?
icon

Best answer by iHeartRadio Aus 18 August 2017, 01:11

Firstly, sorry that trick did not work and yes there is a plan to fix it. There is a new iHeartRadio Sonos API being submitted to Sonos later this quarter. Once Sonos go through their certification process and approve it, it will be released in the next Sonos updated.

Cheers
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Hi there, iHeartRadio Aus here. May I ask you to go to help.iHeart.com so we can take a look at why My Favourites Radio is not showing up. One trick that might work is to make sure on our website you make your My favourites Radio one of your favourite stations. That is sometimes enough for it to show up. If that does not work give the help team some more details and they will resolve the problem for you. Cheers
Thanks for the reply.
I took your advice and contacted iHeartRadio directly through the support site. Today I received the following answer (I thought I should share it here in case anyone else has the same issue):

"Thank you for reaching out to us with your question.
As it turns out, "My Favorites Radio" isn't available on home entertainment devices like your Sonos."

It answers my question but raises another one. I assume it is not a technical issue to add it to the controller so the question is, is it just oversight or is there some legal/licensing issues limiting the availability?

Is there any plan to fix this in the next version otherwise?
Firstly, sorry that trick did not work and yes there is a plan to fix it. There is a new iHeartRadio Sonos API being submitted to Sonos later this quarter. Once Sonos go through their certification process and approve it, it will be released in the next Sonos updated.
Cheers
Ok. Thanks for the information!
No worries, hopefully, we can get it all totally integrated shortly. Cheers